What's new
World Wide Stereo

Mixing circuit breaker brands - code violation? (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
I need to add approx 6 new circuits in my Cutler-Hammer main panel. They are of CH type and I don't think I can find the tandem breakers (CHT2020) I need locally. Can I use another brand with same ratings/same form factor if I could find one? Would this be any type of code violation? TIA.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am not an electrician but I wouldn't think that a different brand would be any type of code violation at all. You just need to make sure that it is the same type of rating and form factor.

I would just call your city department that handles electrical permits and they should be able to tell you what you can and cannot do.

Parker

Patrick Young

Stunt Coordinator
Derek and Parker,

Normally circuit breakers are brand specific and grade specific single phase and three phase, ie one brand will not fit another.

If no one posts by friday I will ask my electrician buddies at work and I will let you know for sure.

Pat

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I had the impression that, say, a square D breaker wouldn't fit in a CH box, but I really don't know.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmdexcavation
Recent bookmarks