Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm looking right. My eyes are fine! :angry:

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Darn low rez work monitor.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

Hehe, so you found it then? they have a sample from each rifftrax.

Star Trek VI is out now.

They have a game on the forum to announce the next one at 1pm Pacific.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I found it. In fact, I tried watching STV with the Shat and the Shat Jr (his daughter) commentary yesterday but failed. It needs the mst3k pros.

The sample for VI is really funny. I wasn't bowled over by Troll 2 sample though. I had high hopes for it. Someone should review all of these. I hate to judge them on a short sample. I already know I won't be buying Lord of the Rings. I had a bad experience in then cinema with some people behind be making fun of every scene. I don't consider any part of the trilogy funny. Island of Dr. Moreau sample is tops! I love that! Bacon bits... :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Their Halloween track is pretty good as well, and I am a big fan of the film itself but they give it a pretty good going over without ever going into the "We Hate This Film" area of satire....that's hard to pull off and still entertain/not-piss-off fans of the film.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

Well if you browse the rifftrax forums there are always plenty of people willing to share what they think ;) And if you browse the catalogue pages at www.rifftrax.com the green stars are the average rating given to each rifftrax.

Troll 2 is well worth it, the film is as bad as anything they did on mst3k.

I won't review all of them individually here, but I can give some general thoughts. I pretty much like all of them, the only one I dislike is Star Wars Episode 1. The SW rifftrax is fairly unique in that it is openly very very angry, so to me it is more Mean than Funny, but a lot of people love it, they clearly think that the movie deserves it.
Personally I think that Mike's solo riffs are kind of a tier lower than when he teams up with someone, still good, but just not quite in the same class.
Star Trek V was an early favourite, but there are plenty of others clamouring for the title now, Daredevil, Battlefield Earth... hearing the three guys together again is a lot of fun.

Next Weeks film is Over The Top.

poster http://www.rifftrax.com/Images/Annou...Top_Tattoo.jpg

sample

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The forum. Great idea!

Since I own Trolls 2 I'll most certainly have to pick that one up along with STV. I don't know about Halloween. If it's like watching the movie with some friends who are cutting up I might go for it. I love Halloween though.

Now SW EPS 1 might be fun. I like the movie okay but there are some things about it I can't stand. I'm not as in to SW as I am LotR or even Trek.

I got to be honest, I'm starving for more MST3K. I'll end up buying most of these and the movies I don't have to go with them. :)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Yeah see LOTR is almost the exact opposite of SW. Mike likes LOTR, so it is more good natured ribbing, compared to the hate of SWEP1.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I take LotR way too seriously. If that ever wears off and I'm thinking, "come on! They ain't that good!" I might check out the rifftrax on it. But I'll definately pass at this time. I'd rather watch Quest of the Delta Knights. That's as close as I want to get. ;)

I'm with the people who thought SWE1 was kind of weak, epecially in the acting department, but still great fun to watch with amazing effects and nice action scenes. (Hell, I like Jar Jar! Seems like nobody does but me) I'm thinking of buying 1 rifftrax for when I go on vacation in a week. Well, maybe 2. Tough choice! The sample of SWE1 is really funny. I think I'll get it.

Now, STV would be fun but I just watched the thing. I can't stomach it so soon even with the rifftrax. Now, STVI is among my favs of the series but I think the one for it would be fun. It has Mike, Kevin and Bill! Almost a gimme. I'd love to see Trace join them for some of these. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with him on it. A visit from TV's Frank and/or Mrs. F would also be a trip.

jeff strickler

Stunt Coordinator

That's why I didn't like it at all. Nelson and Murphy have this ENTIRE film to work with, and all they do is yell at it. There's nothing funny about it.

The new Star Trek IV does a much better job balancing the hate with the funny.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

Well last weeks film turned out to be Over the Top, the arm wrestling child custody film.

And this weeks film is going to be Aeon Flux.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just a note.... DDD has Reign of Fire on sale for $5.99 until 2/28. I just snagged a copy for the sole purposes of getting the rifftrax for it too. $9 for what amounts to an all new MST3K episode. :cool:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I hope they'll do more older stuff. These newer flicks are too expensive. I just picked up The Village, Signs and Unbreakable. Now, those have their fans and their fans. Get me? :laugh: Riffs for those would be a gimme for me.

Wicker Man should be a real hoot though. I've seen clip. What a funny film! Most people don't need help to laugh at it.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
But last weeks was Terminator 3 and that kicks a lot of ass! I wrote up a little review on my LJ... ( http://bathtubnz.livejournal.com/ )

On Saturday night I got to sit down with my freshly mixed T3 RiffTrax DVDr and watch my first new rifftrax in a few weeks (I still haven't seen The Wicker Man, it isn't released in NZ until the 28th) and it was great. I really wasn't that taken with the Aeon Flux RiffTrax, but Mike and Kevin were really on form for T3. When Kevin gives his heartfelt monologue on A Future with No Beer he hits the ground running and they barely let up.
Yes, there were plenty of Governator jokes, I think I got almost all of them, but I suspect I am a bit more American-ized than most.
'I ahm here for Phil Angelides'
There were also a bunch of references to previous rifftrax. I caught Troll 2, Over The Top and Dare Devil, that I recall directly.
Kevin really seemed to have a thing about Claire Danes nose, and I think everyone over at Legend Films hates the guy who played Scott her fiance.

I would say definitely in my top 5.

63_large.jpg

No new rifftrax this week,... instead we get a new link with a countdown on it, I have no idea what this is.

http://www.rifftrax.com/riffLabz/

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
No love for the terminator 3 riff? Oh well. LOST is this weeks riff, we will have to see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks