What's new

MERGED: Lion King DVD discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
What a bunch of balony!
Yeah, certainly. Indeed. SFX, eh? So that Freudian 4-year old saw something else?

But just think (shiver) about it... what if that dreadful other word would indeed have been visible and (shiver, shiver, shiver and shiver again) readable to every 3- and 4-year old child watching that movie. Or even the ones who actually can read. That... terrible... word....

Think of the damage to their minds, to their education (given by their loving parents), how their thoughts might have been wandering away from the film scenes...

If you just think of what might have been true, you know one thing for certain: Disney are the devil, they surely are.

Cees

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I am just wondering what the book is that comes with the limited edition box, is it a making of or a storybook or what?
Some personal thoughts on the Gift Set. It's very nicely done with quite a strong outer slipcase holding it all together. It may have been a bonus to have had it all housed in a lovely fold out style casing, but this is still nice.

Inside is the standard two-disc DVD (packaging & all), next to that is the lovely little hardback book which, whilst not incredibly detailed in its text, is certainly a worthy bonus to the set and focuses on the making of the film, the DVD and so on.

Next to that is a black paper folder holding the re-prints of character sketches and a Certificate of Authenticity. These are rather nice, and certainly a good keepsake for buyers, and even more so for anyone who also owns these and the Laserdisc set with its gorgeous artwork prints.

For a Lion King fanatic and/or Disney collector, I'd certainly say the gift set is worth owning.

Dan

PS: I liked the home theatre mix more than I was expecting. I feared a generally overblown mix boosting the activity in the surrounds to above-subtle levels but on the whole it was very pleasing. A few things I didn't like in the surrounds, but up front it's terrific.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Disc 2 supplement, Film, has a section where those who worked on Lion King (B-team) discuss how everyone wanted to work on Pocahontas.
Yes it does. But that's not the commentary, is it? My point is that DVD File made erroneous claims about the content of the commentary - I never said none of the information appeared anywhere on the DVD...

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Correct, I think dvdfile confused the commentary/documentary in this way. Rapheal is barrowing the DVD and will compare the commentary to that on the CAV LD that he has sometime soon and post back to the review thread to confirm if it's the same or different...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks