What's new

Netflix Allowing Disc Subs to Keep Final Movie Rentals, Up Rental Queues (1 Viewer)

Guardyan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattie
“We are not charging for any unreturned discs after 9/29. Please enjoy your final shipments for as long as you like!,” DVD.com wrote on its social media page.

Netflix is set to shutter its legacy by-mail DVD, Blu-ray Disc movie rental business on Sept. 29. DVD.com (Netflix’s disc rental subsidiary) has notified its more than 1 million remaining subscribers that they can keep their movie rentals (after Sept. 29), and until then, up their rental queues to 10 or more titles before the service shuts down.

Full article here.

We discussed the shutdown here.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
How exactly does that upping the que work? Mine only shows a Max of 8 disc at a time?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
How exactly does that upping the que work? Mine only shows a Max of 8 disc at a time?
According to NPR and other broadcast news sources, Netflix will send DVD subscribers 10 DVDs "based on their prior interests."

They also said that customers still had to return the discs based upon licensing agreements with "the studios."

I suppose not charging for un-returned discs might be a way around that.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Netflix says "T'ain't so, McGee!" Apparently you have to enter a lottery, and the lucky winners will get their top ten. This according to a call to Netflix.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I figured they‘d just let you keep the discs you have. Why bother asking for them back when they’re just going to end up in a landfill somewhere. Currently at home I have top gun maverick and The Fablemans

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
??? I have like 50 discs in my queue.

Not the pending que but the one referenced by this line in the OP:

"up their rental queues to 10 or more titles before the service shuts down"

Which I took to mean a way to check out more than the 8 discs at a time limit.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Not the pending que but the one referenced by this line in the OP:

"up their rental queues to 10 or more titles before the service shuts down"

Which I took to mean a way to check out more than the 8 discs at a time limit.

Oh.

No, I think it just means you should have at least 10 titles in your queue when they shut down, not that you should already have out 10 discs.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Now I have to try & remember which DVDs were NOT scratched to hell & put them at the top of my queues!

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I had the 3 discs out at a time plan and they shipped out the 3 movies at the top of my queue of 12 to keep on the 29th of September. No free 10 discs here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks