What's new

Maverick: The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
It's *always* been with WA. I purchased the seasons as they came out so as to get pressed copies (the first run of each season was on pressed discs - don't know about any subsequent runs though).

Weren't the first 2 seasons released through WHV? I specifically remember them being so, and the rest of the series was (thankfully) released through the Archive.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Weren't the first 2 seasons released through WHV? I specifically remember them being so, and the rest of the series was (thankfully) released through the Archive.

At least the first season was released by WHV, and was available in retail stores. I picked up a copy of Season 1 at a Barnes & Noble some time back. I never spotted a Season 2 set there, so I'm not sure about that.

The Complete Series set now available was released by WHV, not WAC, as part of the 100th Anniversary. And again, is available through retail stores. I got mine at Wal-Mart.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That's possible - I checked my records to find I *did* purchase S1 & S2 from Amazon and the rest directly from the WA store as they were released. At that time (of the S1/S2 releases) Amazon still ran their (horrible) "Create Space" program so they'd have shipped DVD-R copies even if Warner Archives was shipping pressed.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It's *always* been with WA. I purchased the seasons as they came out so as to get pressed copies (the first run of each season was on pressed discs - don't know about any subsequent runs though).

Actually, looked it up on Wikipedia, and the first two gos were standard releases, with the remaining three from the Archive.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I received my set today of the complete series.When it was shown years ago on the western encore channel I recorded all the episodes on disc as i did with many other shows.I figured the quality will be at least somewhat better.The sale was too good to pass up.

I also got The A Team on blu ray to add to my collection in that format of action adventure such as the original Mission Impossible starring Matt Dillons brother.

Finally I received the directors cut of The Alamo 1960 with Duke Wayne on blu ray and upscaled dvd..I found the hidden 'easter egg' of the deleted scene where Flaca gives Davy a nice back massage as thanks for rescuing her from the unwanted attention of that arrogant scoundrel.If you are thinking huh what? I never even heard of this before! well there is a good reason:))
I think it would have been great.The more of Linda Cristal the better!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I received my set today of the complete series.When it was shown years ago on the western encore channel I recorded all the episodes on disc as i did with many other shows.I figured the quality will be at least somewhat better.The sale was too good to pass up.

And you have it in a format that can be played on a computer DVD drive or in a DVD recorder-- the Archive releases were made in such a manner that had to be played on regular players only.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I finally got this and watched the first episode. Unfortunately, very little work has been done on it by WB. The quality is way below what you'd get from CBS/Paramount. Adjusting the picture quality on my smart TV screen, I was able to make it look decent, but it's very far from HD quality. It's more like slightly substandard SD. Disappointing; you'd think they at least do a slight remaster of the episodes. Also when playing the episode, the audio was way down; I had to crank my volume control to 100 just for it to sound normal.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
No one ever said that the complete set would contain remastered episodes.

Those are likely the same episode masters that were originally a part of the WHV season sets and the subsequent Warner Archive sets that completed the show's run.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yep - for most (all?) of their TV product, WA pretty much used whatever transfer they already had and did little to no clean up on new transfers. That complete series release is nothing but the original discs in new packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks