What's new

Maverick: The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I don't believe so Robert. I just plugged some numbers using DeepDiscount and this is one helluva great deal for Maverick (1957-1962) The Complete Series, all 5 seasons!

Maverick: The Complete Third Season $42
Maverick: The Complete Fourth Season $42
Maverick: The Complete Fifth Season $28

Both Seasons 1 and 2 appear to be OOP but still available New between $25 to $40 bucks and greater on eBay.

Nice to see Warner coming to their senses and finally offering good pricing. I hope this is just the beginning of things to come from Warner for many others series like for example Dr. Kildare.

If you add up the average cost for all 5 seasons you get approximately $175 bucks.

Maverick: The Complete Series is listed at DeepDiscount for $101.58 and at Target for $102.99

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
SDS is also releasing "Growing Pains" The Complete Series. Same price and release date as "Maverick".

I guess they are just using the same material that has been used in the earlier releases.

Be nice if the Universal end of this deal would release the newer prints of "Laramie" that have been on GritTV for the last seven years. Same with "Tales of Wells Fargo".

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Be nice if the Universal end of this deal would release the newer prints of "Laramie" that have been on GritTV for the last seven years. Same with "Tales of Wells Fargo".
Just this once, I'll play ...

Run for Your Life S02E14 Time and a Half on Christmas Eve (Dec.19.1966)-21 copy.jpg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Do we know if the complete series boxset of Maverick being released February 28 are all pressed discs?

Some of the latter season and half season sets were MOD discs

This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media.
I bought the entire series through Warner Archive and they were all pressed discs. They may have run out of pressed discs. Their MOD can be either Pressed or DVD-r depending on how big the run of discs is. Not that it really matters one way or the other. But Amazon always does DVD-R for MOD.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
As well as Lassie. Gosh, even I knew that.

This could be a sign that WB is following in CBS/Paramount footsteps to get a cash grab on cheaper complete series DVD sets, which would be good for those that never got the individual seasons when released. Since CBS/Paramount have HD masters of many of these series they've also released a few complete series in blu-ray as well as some to streaming in HD. Hopefully, we will get more. It would be nice to see WB follow the blu-ray or streaming in HD trend as well, but it's hard to know if any of the classic shows released on DVD were ever transferred to HD, which would make it an easier transition.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
As well as Lassie. Gosh, even I knew that.

This could be a sign that WB is following in CBS/Paramount footsteps to get a cash grab on cheaper complete series DVD sets, which would be good for those that never got the individual seasons when released. Since CBS/Paramount have HD masters of many of these series they've also released a few complete series in blu-ray as well as some to streaming in HD. Hopefully, we will get more. It would be nice to see WB follow the blu-ray or streaming in HD trend as well, but it's hard to know if any of the classic shows released on DVD were ever transferred to HD, which would make it an easier transition.

Could that be done for Spenser: For Hire w/the late Robert Urich?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Are the Lone Rangers complete or the same 22 minute syndication copies we've been getting for years?
I got the set for b'day gift still never opened because I really do not watch because of my illness and panic attacks but reviews claimed they were complete wonder if anyone here has the set?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
One thing I'd like to know-- do these all-in-ones of Archive series (meaning those that were from the Archive, in whole or in part) have subtitles on them?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
One thing I'd like to know-- do these all-in-ones of Archive series (meaning those that were from the Archive, in whole or in part) have subtitles on them?
From the back of the Maverick package:
1678371438458.png

That one does in English... French and Spanish are limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks