What's new

MASTER LIST: Warner Archive & Other Studio MOD DVDs With Trailers (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
THE WAGONS ROLL AT NIGHT, THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS,and WHIPLASH all have trailers And I just love the old Warner Brothers trailers each of the film companies had their own unique type of trailer and I think that Warner's had some of the best.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Agreed, Allen. In the 30's, they often used really nice Art Deco graphics in their trailers and through the 40's they occasionally had footage filmed exclusively for the trailer. And from a certain point on it always seems as if the distinctive voice of Lou Marcelle is narrating every single Warners trailer.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Reporting for duty, sir!

The Sony discs COUNTER-ATTACK, THE RECKONING, SCREAMING MIMI, and X Y & ZEE have trailers; A DAY IN THE DEATH OF JOE EGG and THE MIND OF MR. SOAMES (also Sony) do not. (Sony does great work on these; the prints TCM airs of the ones they've shown--and I don't think JOE EGG, MR. SOAMES and THE RECKONING have aired--are OK but these are all advances.)

Have you updated the list recently?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Glad to have you back on the force, Bob!

Yes, I update the list on Page 1 usually within 48 hours of someone posting a new title, most of the time less than that.

Unlike the Warner titles, so far no luck with my local libraries getting any of the Sony MODs in except for MICKEY ONE, which was an excellent transfer. Have managed to find some of the Universal Vault titles as well, but the Sony and new MGM ones haven't been showing up yet. I've been able to watch about 100+ of the Warner titles through public libraries.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
The Sony/Columbia MOD of BLIND ALLEY has a trailer and Ann Dvorak steals every scene she's in.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks Wade.

I agree with you about Ann in that film, though there are few pics where she doesn't steal her scenes. She is definitely one of the most overlooked and underrated actresses from the golden age. I wrote an award winning short story about her many years ago and am friends with the author of her forthcoming biography.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Not to go too far off thread, but please post the title, etc., of the Dvorak book when it becomes available (sorry I missed your story) - I had always thought of her as Paul Muni's sister in SCARFACE and the moll in "G" MEN (that's about it), until Forbidden Hollywood Collection Volume Two's THREE ON A MATCH and various releases from the WA made me realize how right you are about her underratedness.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
The MGM MOD of COP HATER has a trailer - there is one problem in that the film is presented Full Screen and the date of 1957 would indicate it should be 1.66:1 or 1.85:1, although the print looks fine and the aspect ratio does not appear particularly compromised.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Add the following Warner Archive titles as having trailers:

Invitation To The Dance
Yolanda And The Thief
Little Nellie Kelly
Thoroughbreds Don't Cry

None of them are in the best of shape, but I'm glade to have them.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
In another thread someone mentioned that BODY SLAM (MGM) has a trailer.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
THE NIGHT DIGGER and OPERATION HEARTBEAT (Warner Archive) have trailers.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Fritz Lang's BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT from the WA has a trailer - if it might be a deal-breaker to some folks, Lang's WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS does not . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks