What's new

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Great episode!Mock - Yeah!Ing - Yeah!Bird - Yeah!Yeah - Yeah!I really liked the new addition of Agent Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird). I think she'll be a great character. Simmons got extracted from Hydra faster than I had expected, but I really liked how it played out and brought in Morse. Good stuff with Fitz and Simmons, though the awkwardness of their reunion was just touched upon in this episode. Sky's Dad seems to be one powerful, crazy S.O.B. I'm really liking how this season has started out. If they had this energy from the start last year the ratings would have stayed much higher.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
Great episode!I really liked the new addition of Agent Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird). I think she'll be a great character.Sky's Dad seems to be one powerful, crazy S.O.B. I'm really liking how this season has started out. If they had this energy from the start last year the ratings would have stayed much higher.
Yes, quite a fun episode. I also really liked Bobbi Morse - and that she is the she-devil ex-wife was a nice touch.

The thing about Skye's Dad - he's not even trying to get redeem himself with Skye. He is going full force into being an enemy.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Bobbi will be going back to blonde. Looking great!
image.jpg

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Question on one issue I'm a bit confused on. I think it was the opening episode, or maybe the 2nd, they showed a woman hooked up to the Hydra brain washing machine, and I think they referred to her as 'Agent 33' or something like that. Being unfamiliar with the character and actress, did anything ever happen with her? I don't remember if she was anyone special or not. Was she the other woman in the May/May fight? Was she the woman who helped Simmons escape last night?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Was greatly relieved to get Simmons back home in one piece last night. It was a fastly paced and very involving episode with the introduction of a great new character. Well done!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is Palicki joining the cast, or is she a recurring guest star? After what happened to Caity Lotz on Arrow, you can understand my concern.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm not sure if she's regular or recurring, but I think she'll be around for a while either way considering she's the first member of the team on this show who is a Hawkeye/Black Widow level hero from the comics.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She's officially recurring, but she'll be part of the team indefinitely. My guess is that if a better offer comes along, Coulson will send her back out on assignment. I believe Palicki signed a cross-platform deal, which commits her to both the television side and the feature side. So I highly doubt the show will kill her character off.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Jeff Cooper said:
Question on one issue I'm a bit confused on. I think it was the opening episode, or maybe the 2nd, they showed a woman hooked up to the Hydra brain washing machine, and I think they referred to her as 'Agent 33' or something like that. Being unfamiliar with the character and actress, did anything ever happen with her? I don't remember if she was anyone special or not. Was she the other woman in the May/May fight? Was she the woman who helped Simmons escape last night?
Yes, Agent 33 was the one who masqueraded as May.
image.jpg
No, that was not the Hydra security chief (SHIELD uncover agent) Mockingbird.
image.jpg
image.jpg

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I guess mockingbird is a poor man's Black Widow. Since no way AOS can pay ScarJo's salary. That being said I like the character.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Another solid episode. Again, great stuff with Fitz and Simmons. Pretty freaking kick-ass fight scene with May! Mockingbird rocked it as well, but May's fight against the dude with the chain/knife was, I think, the best this show has done yet. I liked the dynamic of Ward being prisoner in the basement, but we all knew he was eventually going to get out. Him being out there will add yet another level of complexity to the various threats to SHIELD. I loved the scene where both Ward brothers were talking about how the other is such a monster and a liar and can't be trusted. I believed both of them and neither of them at the same time. Nicely done.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the moral ambiguity of the Ward brothers was the most interesting part of last night's episode for me.I also liked Henry Simmons's character accusing Simmons of being bad for Fitz, and her responding, "Why do you think I left?"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sean Bryan said:
Another solid episode.I loved the scene where both Ward brothers were talking about how the other is such a monster and a liar and can't be trusted. I believed both of them and neither of them at the same time. Nicely done.
Agreed. That was some solid writing and the performances were up to the challenge too. Also agree on the fight sequence with May. Ming-Na Wen has to be having the time of her life on this show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My only beef with the whole Fitz Simmons thing is their back and forth relationship. It's like those tv shows where the leads eventually get together. It takes seasons of them being on and off again. At the end of last season they seem be getting closer and then this. Now they can't be together. I maybe alone in wanting them together.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Ward's escape was SO predictable. Otherwise, very entertaining. I agree about the May-fight. Terrific.
He was flexing his joints in preparation before being taken away from the basement.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I never thought the intimate feelings were reciprocal. Fitz feels romantic attraction; Simmons feels a sibling-style intimacy. Perhaps she can change over time her feelings to be more romance-oriented, but frankly, I'd rather they didn't get together.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Boy, this season has been strong. Another great episode. I'm really digging this show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There were some weird edits in last night's episode, which caused some headscratcher moments. Like when the 4400 guy's wife answered the door and presumably talked to Coulson, and then Coulson asks if his family is home. Now presumably the 4400 guy's wife actually talked to the Cougar Town guy, but the editing made it unclear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks