What's new

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
The ratings keep falling.
The good news for "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (and other DVR-centric shows) is that advertising rates are tied to Live+3 ratings now instead of the overnights. The real signpost for the show's long-term prospects will be the Live+3 ratings on the second episode, and thus far "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has added more eyeballs in the following three days than any other show on broadcast TV. For the season premiere, the show jumped 1.1 points to a 3.3 -- beating the series premiere of "NCIS: New Orleans" in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The shrinking overnights still provide a lower starting point. Add 1.1 to this week's rating for +3 DVR, and it's only a 2.8 vs. the 3.3 of last week unless a lot more people use the DVR this week. But I still don't think it's in danger of cancellation unless it completely flatlines.

According to Deadline.com (reporting Nielsen data), SHIELD and New Orleans tied at a 3.2 (A18-49) for Live+3. Though their text re: SHIELD seems to have different numbers vs. the data in the table on the same page:

http://deadline.com/2014/09/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-new-girl-l3-ratings-person-of-interest-ncis-842702/

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Before ABC even thinks about cancelling SHIELD, they're going to pull out all the stops to make sure that doesn't happen. How would is look if the big glamour project from Marvel TV fails on the corporate sister network ABC? Terrible. Plus, you always know the season premiere gets a ratings bump.

There was a play in baseball game last night between Kansasa City and Oakland. That could have drawn some eyeballs.

I'm honestly not worried.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
how's Annie, Dale escapes the Black Lodge which of course is Alien in nature, and is Skye's Dad, damn cool! man I thought that Lucy would have had a longer run on this show, guess the footing is there now that they can, bring in some names for just a ep or 2. compared to what Agent Carter and DD is doing, looks like they are stepping this up. will kind of be cool if this season things were turned around a bit, instead of the movies affecting what happens in the series, what if something that happens in the series is a driving factor for one of the big screen features.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Enjoyed last night's focus on Simmons. I knew from the preview that she'd be undercover, and there's a lot they can do with that if they keep her there a bit.

I'm less enthused with Ward trying to work with the team and give them information. It's all setting up a way to redeem his character, which I hope they never do. (Also, isn't it kinda inhumane to keep him locked up - essentially in solitary - in wherever their secret location is?)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sam Favate said:
(Also, isn't it kinda inhumane to keep him locked up - essentially in solitary - in wherever their secret location is?)
Considering he betrayed almost every loyalty he had and was a reason countless SHIELD agents died, no.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really like what they are doing with Fitz. You really feel for the guy and root for him as he struggles to cope with his impairment and contribute.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree about Fitz. For all of the transformations with Skye into more of a lethal weapon, Fitz is the one whose marked change from season one is the most affecting. Good action-packed episode, and knowing Simmons is undercover but walking a thin line to prevent discovery adds wonderful tension to what she's doing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Hard to know. The unimaginable can happen occasionally on shows like this. Witness Colson's resurrection.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
James_Kiang said:
Are we going with the assumption that there will be some kind of magic cure for Fitz?
I would hope not. Good drama comes from conflict and obstacles for the protagonists. They have the Fitz character in a great position for good drama. I'd hope to see him make some improvement because I like the character. And I wouldn't be opposed to some treatment eventually bringing him back to 100%, but not for a good long while.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think Fitz will gradually improve over time and assuming Simmons returns from her assignment, I think she might help him make the final steps.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
good ep last night, by the way May was hot in her slip kicking ass, loved the line, you punched her in the face.

nice to see Fitz working thru things

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got bored by the May against May on-going fight, but I'm sure lots of others enjoyed it. Glad Fitz was finally able to feel useful and ease himself into the group. Overall, an entertaining episode.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought it was a pretty strong episode, but I did think the fight went on too long.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
dana martin said:
good ep last night, by the way May was hot in her slip kicking ass, loved the line, you punched her in the face.

nice to see Fitz working thru things
Not bad for about to turn 51 year old woman.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good episode. But I think the tone was closer to that of the episodes from the first half of season one, so I'd rank it lowest of the new season. It still had lots of good stuff. As with the previous episodes this season, I thought the bits involving Fitz were particularly strong. I thought it was interesting that they are using the "chameleon" mask fom The Winter Soldier, and Whitehall threatening Flowers was a cool scene (as well as the stuff with Coulson insisting that May put him down if he goes nuts). I also think the May-May fight went on a bit longer than necessary, but that table head slam move was pretty awesome.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The show has really needed an episode for May to shine for a while. Glad she got the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks