What's new

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ken_McAlinden said:
I am happy to watch Spader and MacLachlan chew scenery any day of the week. I'm less happy watching Dichen Lachman struggle with an American accent to the point that it affects her ability to give a convincing line reading. It seems like they could have easily contrived a way to make her character Australian and saved everyone the trouble.
I never noticed anything odd about her dialect.

Sounds plenty natural to me and I never would have guessed for a second she wasn't speaking with an accent that wasn't her regular one.

This is the first I've seen anyone bring it up.

Kind of a silly complaint to me.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Ok so time to take the glove off, yea I went there, but pretty much everyone in this thread is a little bent on that kind of humor I think. So here goes, great finale and not just for the season, but for the story arc that carried over from the first season as well, this season has fleshed out the core group. But the fact that the idea that Coulson now actually has more filmed time of any Marvel character, and while the big boys play on the big screen, his journey is almost a Greek tragedy from death to resurrection (that place don’t seem so magical) to betrayal and hunted, followed by a coup, well almost to that Empire Strikes Back moment.

Kyle McLaughlin’s acting wasn’t over the top, if one of your favorite films is The Shining, so yes he was playing a comic book version of a man obsessed with hatred at someone taking his daughter plus all that stuff with his wife, and the fact that the Inhumans view him as well just a bad experiment. So the biggest let down this ep was that Hyde could have been bigger, and a hell of a lot stronger than what was played out. That Final scene with him and Daisy and Jajing , was bitter sweet, the man that he probably always was meant to be, but it just never worked out. And I don’t think it will last, all of Coulson’s issues with T.A.H.A.T.I. will come back to bite all of them in the ass. Think we might get to see a relapse back to Hyde.

Daisy’s mom on the other hand, people were asking why she wanted to start a war, and this is how Marvel wants to introduce Inhumans, for those that didn’t read the comics Maxium the Mad wanted to kill all the humans as well, so it sort of in line with their story line.

Grant ward continues to be one of the best villains across the Cinematic Universe , and the fact that he is stepping up to fill the void in Hydra, only makes this more watchable

Lots of death, and questions unanswered, is Coulson filling in for Fury, with Quake to start the Secret Warriors (great idea for a rotating mid-season or summer replacement) yep no summer repeats kids, 8-10 episodes would work. Oh and by the way, whoever is Chloe Bennett’s stunt double, that lady earned every bit of her paycheck, the fight chorography was insane.

Why this didn’t kill in the ratings this week doesn’t make any damn sense, ABC and marvel need to get this to the point of must watch TV, out with the filler ep’s . Make what happens on this series affect what happens in the films, and vice versa, and that doesn’t mean necessarily a cameo episode, but the use of some of the same sets, helps ground it in the same world. And by all means, with all the characters that Marvel has don’t ever do the secret power villains that no one has heard of or cares about, that doesn’t help the show.

So, new and improved Luke Skywalker hand for next season? Or rough it out with the stump, going to be a bit of a pain trying to drive and shift Lola now, better get Fitz right on that. Right after they figure out that Simmons is missing, and that ooze wasn’t Kree in nature, because the Inhumans wanted to hide it away, saying it could destroy them, I am thinking maybe it could have been Skrull. So who knows what will happen.

Been feeling a little run down lately, maybe some fish oil would help.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
TonyD said:
I never noticed anything odd about her dialect.
Sounds plenty natural to me and I never would have guessed for a second she wasn't speaking with an accent that wasn't her regular one.

This is the first I've seen anyone bring it up.
Kind of a silly complaint to me.
There were no cracks in her accent, but her line readings sounded like a bad soap opera actor. When acting in her native accent, she sounds like a good soap opera actor.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Nelson Au said:
She was from China. Her character is Chinese which could explain the casting as Cloe Bennett is half Chinese. Lachman is from Nepal, Kathmandu.

IMDB says Lachman was born in Kathmandu to a Tibetan mother and Aussie father, moved to Oz when she was 7 and grew up there. I didn't hear anything wrong with her American accent myself, but then again I'm not American.

On the other hand, her Mandarin Chinese was pretty dreadful (from earlier eps when Jiaying was being tortured by Whitehall), but that's not surprising since she probably doesn't speak it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Skye/Daisy Johnson in costume as her superhero alter ego Quake:

AgentsOfShield_S03_016.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks