What's new

Los Angeles/Orange County meet (1 Viewer)

Tim Travis

Agent
73!!! I sure hope I get to go to this. (keeping fingers crossed for X-Files Season 3 door prize)
Tim
------------------

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I've always *loved* Point Break ! Obviously, I bought the Japanese Dolby 2.0 non-anamorphic version 3 years ago!
(Homer Simpson mode)..mmmmm......D..T...S......sixteen..by...nine ...delicious.......
Oh this is killing me!
-Brian

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,
Please... bring that "Point Break" DVD, place it somewhere in my reach ... and look in the other direction
wink.gif

I'm sure it would look even better on my 96" FPTV. (Ha!)
JW "Copperfield"

Tom Young

Agent
Hi Dave,
Been so busy lately with work that I am just getting back to the forum. And wow, was I surprised to see another LA/OC meet coming up in the near future. As always, count me in for Your house, DTS, FOX, and whoever wants to invite us. Thanks, Tom

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
OK, quick update...Peter, I've been extremely busy work-wise lately but now finally have some days off. I'll be calling you soon to narrow down a date. By the way, the pre-release of Point Break sounds GREAT. 73"?????!!!! Well, that's just not fair, is it? :) Thank you very much for contributing to the door prizes! Last years posters and dvd's were a huge hit, as you can imagine.
I am also talking with Martin Blythe of Paramount Pictures and I believe it is safe to say that Paramount is climbing aboard this meet as well. Again, it is dependant upon the date as to what they can offer us. Stay tuned!
OK, Fox, Paramount, DTS, thank you all for your support of the Home Theater Forum. This local meet will be something to remember!
------------------

L. W. Cobb

Agent
This meet is sounding better all the time! With the support of Fox, Paramount, and DTS, it will be a meet to remember for sure! Thanks again for coordinating this, David. I'm really looking forward to our visits to Fox and DTS, and of course the Grand Finale at your exquisite home theater! :)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Well, I don't know about exquisite, I mean, I don't even have progressive scan, (but the fund is started for front projection and perhaps an upgrade to the Denon AVR-5800). Right now I still have to get by with my Toshiba Cinema Series big screen until I can afford to do something better. You may also recall that the ends of the seating isles had no armrests. I had taken them off because the originals were pretty beat up. I have begun to make the armrests (with cupholders) out of solid oak in my woodshop and I must say they are turning out niceley. I hope to have at least both of the isles done by the time of the meet, but eventually all of the plastic armrests will be replaced. Doing this event again was a no-brainer. Last time I had at least 25 very well behaved people in my house and there were no worries.
------------------

Brian-W

Screenwriter
For those interested as well, depending on the ultimate schedule, etc. of the meet and dates, etc. (i.e. I'm not firming up anything until David has a schedule), I'm open to having a get together at my place in Orange County.
My theater will be complete (hopefully next month) with a dedicated room, projection system, etc. but I don't think it would hold 25 people (let alone comfortably). Since the even t is movies based, and home theater in general, I thought I'd offer up my theater for those interested around the same time or perhaps the following weekend.
-Brian

JaredB

Agent
David,
I'll see if I can't dig up a few Fox door prizes from my side of the lot as well. (I can think of one poster in particular that folks would probably want...)
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
- Jared

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I'm very interested in coming to your place as well. You've really piqued my interest with your description of that HDTV player and discs.
------------------

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really hoping to make this one, although I seem to say that every time and it hasn't worked out yet. It sounds great.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
OK I think we're looking at a Thurs, Fri, and Sunday event.
It is leaning toward early May. More soon.
------------------

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that should work Dave!
Thanks for doing all the "legwork" on this,and thanks for all the cooperating parties as well!
------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm in~
biggrin.gif
for at least the Friday and Saturday, I'll know if I can fit in a Thrusday as the event gets closer. My B-Day is May 1st, so this will make for a great birthday!
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
RonSig.jpg
The Green Room

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks