What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

List of DVDs with "DTS Optimized" soundtracks? (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I only intermittently stop by here, but I was wondering if someone maintains a list of DVDs that have DTS soundtracks that are actually mastered for DTS?

I am not talking about discs where the DTS and DD5.1 tracks are the exact same source sent through two different decoders yielding nearly identical outcomes, rather ones where the source material is optimized for DTS.

The only two I can think of off the top of my head were Saving Private Ryan and Gladiator. I'm sure there are others though.

Thanks.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You have to look at the bitrate on each DVD. What should be stated here is that those with a bitrate of 1504kpbs (full bitrate) and those with a bitrate of 784kpbs sound similar in regards to output. People were under the impression that SPR was at full bitrate when in fact it's not. Some the releases that have both, still sport the 784kpbs and sound incredible. Who knows why DTS stopped making DTS Only DVDs, but what the heck, if it sounds good I love it. I even recall one of the alternate HT sights having a complete breakdown of the DTS movies that have Full Bitrate and Half bitrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks