What's new

Let's talk Beer (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm not the biggest beer fan but if I'm working outside on a hot day or at the ballpark, a nice cold lager really hits the spot.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m trying a local brew tonight. Hibiscus cider made by the Black Apple Hard Cider Co in Springdale, AR. It’s a dry fruity cider that tastes like Stella Rosa wine. With a 6.9% alcohol content, it’s much lighter than wine but stronger than most regular beers. It’s good and I may buy more again in the future.

ED3AF278-C308-46E7-BCA1-0126CA4066B5.jpeg

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I discovered two new great beers for the summer -- Voodoo Ranger Juice Force Hazy Imperial IPA and Perrin Pineapple Upside Down IPA. These are two of the smoothest IPAs I've ever had. My wife usually really dislikes IPAs, but she loves the Perrin brew (her eyes lit up when she tried it), and liked the Voodoo Ranger. I have only found a couple of places that sell each locally, so I stocked up on each, as these may each be a limited seasonal brew.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Looking for a celebratory beer for my (hopefully) last week in Memphis before I get to start working back in Little Rock and spending nights at home (Hey, I’ve only been traveling out of state for work every week since mid-August of last year), I asked the petrol station clerk on the way to my hotel this afternoon if he had any suggestions.

He simply stated, “Voodoo Ranger IPA”.

I had never tried or even considered Voodoo Ranger before because 99.9% of IPAs taste like ass.

”Why?” I asked.

“Because it doesn’t taste like ass.” was his reply.

And he’s right! This is my new go-to, beating out Pacifico and Rolling Rock as my preferred beer.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Probably hard to get outside of Washington, but Georgetown Brewing has an IPA that even the most anti-IPA drinkers I know say it's really good - Bodhizafa. (I can't believe I spelled it right the first time - it took me a long time to learn how to pronounce it.)

Voodoo Ranger IPA
Be careful with Voodoo - New Belgium brews so many variations of Voodoo that while you like one version, you may despise others. They brew so many variations in fact, Voodoo Ranger could be it's own brewery.

Out here in Colorado, the milkshake IPA style (or velvet IPA as one brewery calls it) are pretty popular. The lactose really cuts down the bitterness of the IPA hops, plus the fruits go so well together. Highly recommended!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If you like sours, and are near a Trader Joes, they have a great one. It's by the Almanac Beer Co., a Barrel-Aged Cherry Sournova. Delish!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My wife and I were in Michigan's Upper Peninsula a week ago, and spent a couple of nights in Marquette. We spent an afternoon walking to several micro breweries in the downtown area near our hotel -- Ore Dock Brewing, Blackrocks, and Vierling. Had a nice variety of tasty brews -- IPAs, porters and stouts.

MusicLover95

Auditioning
Real Name
George
Beer and Wine.png

Does anyone have any good beer suggestions from the Czech Republic? I'm planning a trip to Prague next May and would love to try some local brews while I'm there. Fun fact - I read that the Czech Republic actually has the highest beer consumption per capita in the world! 😲 So they must have some really tasty beers, right?

I also found this helpful resource about the Czech Republic https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-czech-republic-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5565 for travelers wanting to visit this beautiful country. Cheers! 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks