What's new

HTF Beer Recommendations Thread (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Lew, Zen: Is that brew readily available in Southern California? I think you guys know where my preferences lie. Thanks! JB

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Jack, this should be available at many liquor stores. As Lew touched on, it is snappy, not chewy like many of the more extravagant ales being discussed. This is though the definitive Pilsner, nothing less. Here is a pic to aid in your search. The 22oz. bombers are a bit more common.

I'm sure Lew will concur, this is a great food brew ala the great Asian pilsners and lagers that accompany food so well.

Some other outings you may like Jack.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've decided to only add recommendations only if two or more people mention it. Otherwise, the first page becomes too unwieldy. I'm updating it as we speak, but I'll take some more input from people.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Meh, I change my mind. I'll add everything and see what happens.

In addition, I think I'll toy with the idea of adding descriptions to the general types as well.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Newcastle

I am not a big beer drinker, but for some reason, I really like this beer.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Beer for whatever reason is tough for me to stomach however there are a few that I've tried that I can drink and do like quite a bit.

They are:

Bohemia: One of the very best Mexican brews around.

Negro Modela: An Ale that is very smooth to me. I usually drink this with Pizza :)

Newcastle Brown Ale: Alot of americans like Budweiser but I don't. This is MY Budweiser if you catch my drift. A very drinkable beer for all occasions.

Last but not least... Tres Pistoles'. This is probably the best beer I've ever tasted. Since I can't get these where I live I have to hit up Dallas, TX to get some. This beer is liquid smooth but its really strong(10 or 12%). For those curious this is a Quebec Beer. Tres Pistoles Website

These are my favorites that I'd like to share with you.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Trois Pistoles. Shane, this is great suggestion from the underrated Canadian brewery Unibroue. This outing is a great Belgian mock.

The Beer 101 section on their site is worth a mention. Great beer tasting basics.

Beer 101

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks