What's new

Beer. What's in your fridge? (1 Viewer)

Scott H

Supporting Actor
I know from previous threads that there a few beer aficionados here. And it's been a while since a beer related thread. So, devotees, what's in your fridge?
My current selection:
Murphy's Irish Stout
Guinness Draught
North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Mendicino Black Hawk Stout
Mackeson Triple Stout
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Orchard Street Pale Ale
Fat Weasel Pale Ale
Rogue Dead Guy Ale (MaierBock)
Orchard Street Stock Ale
Rogue Oregon Golden Ale
Fat Weasel Lager
Orchard Street Porter
Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen
MacTarnahan's Oregon Honey Beer
What's missing:
Fuller's Extra Special Bitter (my favorite non-stout beer)
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
Newcastle Brown Ale
Fuller's Porter
Rogue Mocha Porter
Rogue Shakespeare Stout
Pyramid Snowcap Ale
I had to take one off the list because I drank the last one earlier, and it's not a staple so it's not on the missing list. And I'd like to lay claim to a Duvel offering, but I can't. :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Nothing :frowning:
oops I lied. I found a rogue Kokanee in the crisper. I sometimes hide beer in there from my roomates.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Enjoy the damn thing before someone else does.

I've no one else swiping my stash, thus the list. The lady of this house is disinterested, we share a wine thing... I buy the beer, she the wine. I drink the beer, we the wine. Works out pretty good. We both stock and partake of the liquor cabinet.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I WISH I had a growler of Fordham Oyster Stout in my fridge, brewed right here in Annapolis. They don't bottle it, so the 1/2 gallon growlers are very fresh (you pay 5.00 deposit for the bottle and bring it back for refills).

9:30AM on Saturday and I'm salivating for a stout.... Thanks Guys ! Looks like I'm heading downtown later today.

"Annapolis - a drinking town with a sailing problem"

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I found a rogue Kokanee in the crisper" I just hope it's the stuff brewed in BC, the stuff we get in Ontario is crap.

Brent

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Damn, Scott, that's quite a selection! :eek:
Mine pales in comparison:
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Newcastle Brown Ale
Pete's Wicked Winter Brew
Shiner Winter Ale
Of course, being a good Texan, you can always find some Shiner Bock around my place!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

Dominion Millennuim barleywine (bottled Feb. 1998). Whew, it's got a hell of a kick!

Mackeson Triple Stout

Sierra Nevada Porter

Sam Adams Lager (for non-beer-snob friends)

-Erik

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ron-P, you're a true beer aficianado. You and I would hit it off big time if ever we were to meet in person. Gotta love those microbrews, eh?

In my 'fridge the Mexican fixation continues: two twelve-packs of Tecate and one twelve-pack of Pacifico.

For a long time, I loved the Japanese stuff, particularly Sapporo. But its ability to survive shipment unscathed is variable, indicating the too many distributors let the beer sit at room temp and then let it cool and then sit at room temp again.

Imports, therefore, can be a risky business. I used to love St. Pauli Girl from Germany--but it arrived at my store in decent shape about thirty percent of the time.

Actually, my beer preferences go through phases. I like Tecate right now because of its good mix of taste, aftertaste, lightness and alcohol content. Sometimes, in a can, it can taste stale. But, then, it's that import thingy again.

Pacifico is more full-bodied, and I like it on weekends.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Craig S, I'd strongly recommend three of your four beers, I haven't had the Shiner Winter Ale. It's quality not quantity though, and there are a few brews in my fridge that I won't pick up again for a while. That's just what's in there.

Btw, being in Austin a lot over the years I've had much Shiner Bock, but I'm not too keen on it. Being baited back for SXSW this year, and if I go one of my goals is not to touch the stuff.

Ron-P, another Orchard Brewing fan? Cool. With that and Sierra Nevada we have the two preeminent West Coast style Pale Ales cornered. Have you had Orchard's Stock Ale? One of my favorite beers, that and their Pale Ale are a steal at Trader Joe's for $4.99/6pk. Being an E.S.B. fan, I'm going to have to try that Belk's you have, which is also available at TJ's.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Yes Brent, it is the real "glacier fresh taste" from the Kooteney's. Not the stuff brewed here in town by Labatt's. The thing is though that there isn't a glacier near Cresten, B.C. for probably 50 miles

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
In my fridge right now I have:

Creemore Springs - Premium Lager,

Creemore Springs - urBock,

Alexander Keiths - India Pale Ale

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
We have a case of:

Toohey's Extra Dry (Australian)

Carlton Cold (Australian)

VB (Australian)

and 12 Heineken Long necks.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Ron-P, another Orchard Brewing fan? Cool. Have you had Orchard's Stock Ale? One of my favorite beers, that and their Pale Ale are a steal at Trader Joe's for $4.99/6pk. Being an E.S.B. fan, I'm going to have to try that Belk's you have, which is also available at TJ's.
Yes, Orchard is an excellent beer. I love their Stock ale and Porter as well.
My wife works part-time for Trader Joe's so she is always bringing home some good ones. She just picked up an ABITA Amber, which is gracing my taste-buds as I type. It's pretty tastey, strong with a slight bitterness. The Belk's is one of my favs for a bitter.
Peace Out~:D

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings from the home of the "Great American Beer Fest", the country's best and largest Beer Festival.

Had a housewarming recently and still have the following left over;

Great Divide Arapahoe Amber

Full Sail Amber

Harp

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Oasis Scarab Red

Boulder Beer Singletrack Copper Ale

From the New Belgium Brewing company:

Fat Tire Ale

Frambozen Raspberry Brown Ale

And last but certainly not least, One Lone Guinness Draft

Cheers, Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks