What's new

Let's speculate about the rumored Universal boxed set of musicals (1 Viewer)

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
As mentioned in first post, there were rumors about such a set on the MoviesUnlimited website, that's all, so it cannot be taken completely for granted.

Yet, considering Universal's upcoming collections for westerns and pirate films, it would not be surprising to see one or two volumes for musicals too! :)

Real Name
randy selzer
came across this wonderful article on King of Jazz here...

The King Of Jazz

So much to consider - 9 different international versions!...Bela Lugosi as MC?? Universal could make this into a spectacular Backlot DVD, imo...there is still so much good stuff that has never been released...

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
KOJ is a favorite of mine and I would love to see a DVD (I treasure my old VHS copy!) I kind of doubt though that all that "extra" material still exists. I would certainly be very happy to be proved wrong. But, as it stands, it certainly is a minor miracle that the film exists in its original 2-color form. Let's hope Universal will release it.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I certainly like to see more Deanna Durbin, but in her own set. I would think there would be something like 3 or 4 more sets possible.

I would also love to see a set of those wonderful Donald O'Conner films made during the war. They were B musicals, but growing up and seeing them in the 60s, I remember them as utterly charming.

I guess THOROUGLY MODERN MILLIE would be considered a stand-alone release.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
John, Throughly Modern Millie would not be considered just a stand alone, but it IS one having been released several years agon on dvd.

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui
I was under the impression that the first Deanna Durbin box set didn't sell very well. (same situation as the last Midnite Movies release).

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Well, it has been over TWO YEARS since this thread was started. There is a vague rumor that this so called set just aint happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks