What's new
World Wide Stereo

LED vs Projector? (1 Viewer)

bilanio

Agent
Real Name
Omar
Hi,
I have a 46" LED and i was thinking if having a projector will make movie watching experience much better?
I'm talking picture size and quality.
Also any projector should be an entry level one.. soo no 10.000$ fancy ones :)
also i don't care if its 2D only projector as i find 3D movies annoying. :)

Any link for pros and cons of projectors?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Omar :)

Aside from the lumens ratings he talks about (often a projectors rated lumens is misleading as the optimum viewing mode is much dimmer than the published lumens rating) this is pretty accurate and gives you the general idea:

http://lifehacker.com/5768718/what-do-i-need-to-consider-before-buying-a-projector-for-my-home-theater

In most cases using a dual display system, ie a flat panel for day time/casual viewing and a projector for movies/gaming in a darkened room, can give you the best of both worlds if your budget and set up allows for such. A realistic budget for a entry level projector and screen (new) is about $1500.

PS The youtube video he uses shows a great example of where not to install your speakers ;)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Yes, a projector will make your movie watching experience much better. BUT you need to have the proper room for a projector(the darker the better), with no light shining on the screen. If you have an ambient light problem or watch with the lights on, stick with your TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My standard nitpick. There is no such thing as LED TV. No matter what Samsung managed to convince the market of otherwise.

bilanio

Agent
Real Name
Omar
Thanks for the replies guys, i guess i'll stick with my 46" and bring the sofa closer to the TV to simulate the big screen feeling :P
just kidding :D

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not sure if the Middle East has caught up with the US in regards to "size of TV for appropriate viewing pleasure".

Not been to Lebanon myself, but been to Israel, Egypt and Syria(back when they liked the tourist dollar). Nobody I met had a "big TV".

Usually stayed in hostels.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Beautiful women I know...

My GF is 2nd generation. Last name of Najjar (father is Croatian/Moroccan...somewhere got tagged "Najjar")and her mothers parents are Israeli-Nigerian...(she is the reason I've been over there...but when I went...if you had an Israel Visa...you couldn't get into Lebanon)

She(besides her own mother) is the shortest member of the family at 5'10"(her mother is 5'8"). All her brothers and dad are 6'4" and taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks