What's new

Least expensive online place for Mackie or QSC Amps? (1 Viewer)

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone knows any great deals on these amps it would be much appreciated. I already know of All Pro Sound and Pro Stage and Sound Lighting but would like to do better. Thanks Terry

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
What are their prices? If you list what you're thinking about buying and the current prices those companies offer: I can probably give you info on Dealer cost to let you know how much "better" you can/can't do.
I have a dealer connection for cheapo QSC RMX amps: at 10% over dealer plus shipping.
Anyway, let me know and I'll at least find deal costs for you.
-Vince

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Vince,
Thanks for the help!
The three things I am after,
High power into 4ohms MONO, plus 800W up to 1200W
Basic black case. I notice a lot of pro gear has large lettering on the front. That's why I like the QSC and Mackie products. Nice looking.
Low fan noise if possible. I heard a Mackie 800 and it was quiet enough, I have not heard a QSC.
Here are my prices:
Mackie
M-800 @ $449
M-1400 @ $548
QSC
RMX850 @ $399
RMX1450 @ $498
If you can think of anything else in this price range that may be a better choice and still fits the three main considerations above I am open to listening.
Ready to order ASAP, only issue I have with ordering through your friends is they are not dealers and if I encounter any problems it may be hard to get service/support, what do you think? Thats why I am planning on using an online pro shop. But in the end money talks and if I can save enough I am there.
Thanks
Terry

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Carver PM1201 said:
Well, I THINK my source on QSC is a dealer (I know two are Yorkville dealers). Regardless, I have heard the "not official dealer, no warranty" stuff a million times before. I've talked with dealer reps from several companies and with retailers like One Call-- all have said the same thing: They are legally required to honor their warranty regardless!
Especially if the warranty it transferrable (like it is on most professional amp products): all they verify is the date of manufacture and figure your warranty coverage from that date! You might lose a month or so of warranty by doing it that way: but they'll still honor it. If it is a 5 year warranty and the serial number places date of mfg on June 2000, you will have warranty coverage till 6/2005: receipt or not / authorized dealer or not!
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
The Carver looks perfect. Is it in my price range and still available or is it an old model? Its more the stange colors they use that I don't like. I have a thing for trying to match all my gear up in the looks department.
"Regardless, I have heard the "not official dealer, no warranty" stuff a million times before. I've talked with dealer reps from several companies and with retailers like One Call-- all have said the same thing: They are legally required to honor their warranty regardless!"
Not really talking about the warranty. More of the place the order, not worring when it ships or if its damaged in shipping how long is the wait until another one ships out that kind of stuff. I agree the warranty scare is bullsh#t and doesn't bother me the least bit.
Well if your guys can get the Mackie/QSC's at those prices I'm in, also interested in the Carver if it fits my needs.
Terry

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The Carver looks perfect. Is it in my price range and still available or is it an old model? Its more the stange colors they use that I don't like. I have a thing for trying to match all my gear up in the looks department.
Well, that Craver in the picture above is from the OLD PM series. They still make a PM series, but now they are their midline product and look cheesy!
The new top of the line carver stuff is called the PT series (I think for "Professional Touring"). The PT series are available new: and look pretty much like the OLD Pm series.
And, unlike the older PM stuff which didn't bridge at 4, the new PT stuff WILL! PT1250 delivers like 1000 watts bridged at 4. You can check the website for more info: Link Removed

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
i just wanted to put a plug in for the Carver. I bought a PM 1.5 for my brother to power his shiva sub. It puts out 465w/channel 4ohms of GOOD power. I found it around the same as the Mackie FR-1400, although the Mackie gave me a little more bass. The Carver will not run mono 4ohms OR stereo 2ohms like the Mackie. He paid $450 CDN (tax in) for reference for you.

TerryC,
Let me help you out! Check out: http://www.competitionsound.com/shop/enter.html?target=DJAudio_EquipmentAmplifiersPeave y.html for the lowest Mackie price on the 1400i. I have not ordered from them, but based on the price it looks good, and is not too far from Vince's best price. However, I am still in the process of finding that nice, affordable amp for my sub. Although my sub is still being worked on. Hopefully, I will have pics ASAP....
Also if you are interested in the Crown CE-2000 check out http://www.carlson-audio.com/store/crown_ce.html they seem to have the lowest POSTED PRICE. There are probably a lot of dealers that are willing to low ball, but these are just a few I came up with...
cree

james_w

Auditioning
Try , http://www.fullcompass.com ,
you have to call for a quote, awhile back I was
quoted $443 for the Crown CE1000
$637 for the Crown CE2000
Mackies tend to have less of a price break from
what I have seen, this is because they are
in demand and very popular, I paid $500 locally
for mine and I would encourage anyone
to buy local only if at all possible.
Most music supply stores will barter with the
marked prices, I have also found most stores already
mark most amps under list price and will come down
even further.
You might pay abit more but I would think it
is worth it just to avoid the hassel of buying
on-line.
Terry, go for a Mackie if you can spring the cash,
you won't be sorry.
$400 won't get much but just another $100 and
you'll have an nice subwoofer amp for years to
come, plus have the option to expand your
subwoofers at anytime by having the extra power.
------------------
James Wayne Johnson

james_w

Auditioning
Patrick ,the m-1400 has a fan, its kind of loud
about the same as your computer power supply fan.
I have mine sitting very low to the ground and
after awhile it really is no big deal, youll
never hear it at louder volumes, I can't hear mine
at anything over 80dB.You'll get used to it after awhile,
its not like a high pitched squeal or something
just a quiet little fan and believe me Patrick
when you hear an M1400 run your two Shivas you
will be blown away. You have an HK amp?, if so
without a doubt the difference you get will be
night and day, possibly shocking.
------------------
James Wayne Johnson

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
James, thanks for the info. I'm still torn. I really hate the idea of an amp with a fan. I know exactly what a PC/CPU fan sounds like, I'm hearing it right now as I type, and that would be excruciating to me in my HT. Grr...it's always something.
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; HT Gear ; Sunosub ; Pat's DVDs ; Link Removed

james_w

Auditioning
Patrick, congrats on you HT Forum award.
I just picked up another amp for my sub system,
a QSC USA 900, it has a fan but the next smaller
one down does not, the USA 400 200x2@4ohms or 400 bridged
I am sure it can be had cheap if you look around.
The QSC USA 900's fan is much quieter than the Mackies,
I think its about 1/3rd as loud and in a totally
quiet room its barely audible from 8ft.
So far it performs very well , possibly better than
the Mackie m-1400, but I cannot say yet as I just
got it and have not had enough time to listen to it.
I will know in a week or so which one I like best.
I am keeping both of them anyways the Mackie has
certainly grown on me and I would never consider
getting rid of it.
------------------
James Wayne Johnson

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, I heard a Mackie 800 and the fan wasn't loud at all IMHO. Is the 1400 fan louder. Anyone compare a QSC RMX to a mackie M series fan?
I think whatever I get I am going to solder in a resistor to slow down the fan thus making it quieter. I just may go to my local sam ash and see if they will give me the Mackie 1400 for $400 out the door, I doubt it wil happen but its worth a shot.
Terry

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Vince, I've emailed you a couple times over the weekend,no reply.
Send me another email,with your phone #,and a good time to call you in the next few days.
[email protected]
thanks man...
TV

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,
Can you PLEASE check into the QSC RMX1450 for me today? I would like to order either the Mackie or QSC today.
Considereing the RMX1450 is usually $50 less on line I hope I can get the RMX1450 through your buddy $350-400?
Let me know, I am at work so please direct any comments back into this thread vs my email. Thanks Terry

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I just may go to my local sam ash and see if they will give me the Mackie 1400 for $400 out the door, I doubt it wil happen but its worth a shot.
If they do, let me know! The price of $400 would be under dealer cost (which I think is right around $425 plus shipping). If you can make Sam Ash lose money to sell you an amp, I'd be very interested in hearing about it!!
:)
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks