What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

League of Gentlemen series 3 DVD? (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
http://www.bbcshop.com/bin/venda?ex=...t,5,,2,526,194

The release date is listed as 11/07/2003 which obviously isn't right... do you think they mean the 7th November?

Anyhow the supplements are revealed:

League of Gentlemen: Series 3 (DVD)

Written by: The League of Gentlemen (Jeremy Dyson, Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith)

Starring: Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith

The locals from Royston Vasey return for the third series of The League of Gentlemen.

DVD Features include:
30-minute behind-the-scenes fature
15-minute video diary by Steve Pemberton
Deleted scenes & outtakes
Cast commentary and character biogs
Photogallery and special FX footage
An 'edit-your-own-end-sequence' package
Isolated music score and animated menus

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Guess I'm gonna have to order this from the UK as WB has yet to even release Season 2 in the States. As far as I know they don't plan to, either. Dang it.

James Reader

Screenwriter
NO!

I'm in the UK and UK dates are Day-Month-Year. So the UK BBC SHOP (which is where the link points to) is listing a date of 11th July, which is wrong.

They've changed it to 10/11/2003 now, which seems more likely - 10th November 2003.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
James, they never aired the Christmas special over here, but I've heard good things about it. They aired Season 2 a year or so ago and are just now airing Season 3. So far, Season 3 is amazing! I love how they focus on a character at a time and tie things together. These guys are fantastic!!!

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
There up there with Monty Python in my opinion. Lets hope that planned movie gets made. I'll be buying this DVD set, its essential :D

James Reader

Screenwriter
James, they never aired the Christmas special over here, but I've heard good things about it. They aired Season 2 a year or so ago and are just now airing Season 3. So far, Season 3 is amazing! I love how they focus on a character at a time and tie things together. These guys are fantastic!!!
If you like Season 3 then you'll love the Christmas Special. "Yule Never Leave!". If you are able to play PAL discs, I would recommend importing it now. It's only an hour, but there's another 2 hours or so of supplements on the disc.

Of course, it may endup as a "freebie" extra on the Season 2 release should the BBC decide to release Season 2 in America given their track record of better (and cheaper) R1 releases of BBC discs (Grrrr).

I've only seen Season 3 once (I deliberately didn't tape it as I knew I would be buying the DVD when it came out). While I wasn't that impressed I feel the League get respect from ensuring that they didn't fall into the "quick skit and catchphrase" trap the easily could do. Also I expect my appreciation of Season 3 will grow with repeated viewing. It's probably one of the most complex comedies ever.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
James,

Actually, the BBC discs are fairly expensive over here. I know that THE YOUNG ONES retailed over here for around $50 and I'm pretty sure that I paid over $30 for the LEAGUE first series.

I may go ahead and get the discs from the UK. I just got a region-free player that does PAL to NTSC conversion.

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
The Christmas special was aired over here, on BBC America, around either Christmas 2001 or last year (bad memory, sorry). I had it on my Tivo for ages.

I'm watching the third season now on BBCA and I'm really impressed. The show had kind of worn it's welcome out with me after two seasons (it seemeed to be getting kind of catchphrase-reliant) but this new season is quite different in tone and extremely well done.

James Reader

Screenwriter
"Hello Dave. Is Dave there? I wanna talk to Dave." :)

Hi Dave. Glad you are at least getting the chance to watch the series, even if BBC America don't seem to be releasing it onto DVD over there.

(I just wanted to do my Papa Lazaru stuff! :))

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
You're my wife now, Dave....

LOG never gets old for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the episode from last week. It centered on the guy with the neck brace who owns a bed and breakfast where his wife throws sex parties. A fairly minor character from S2, it was fun to see him get an entire episode to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks