What's new

Kill Bill 4K (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Highly doubt anything special is going to happen with this. Mostly likely the US versions and that’s it. If QT wanted us to have the Japanese version or TWBA, we likely would have had it by now

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Kill Bill was a fairly early 2kDI and would require a lot of time and effort to get to 4k standards.

So if you're expecting better than a filmout scan, don't get your hopes up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Of course, since we're talking Lionsgate, even if they (eventually) release more than just the US standard/theatrical cut and/or a quality 4K, they're gonna milk us for gazillion-dips in between, LOL -- only thing that might stop them is this niche market completely dries up before they can do so. :P

_Man_

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
On the subject of the two volumes- I just got through watching them back-to-back for the first time. I think there was scuttlebutt that Quentin was interested in, or even working on Volume 3. What could he have done? Seems the films told a complete story.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Of course, since we're talking Lionsgate, even if they (eventually) release more than just the US standard/theatrical cut and/or a quality 4K, they're gonna milk us for gazillion-dips in between, LOL -- only thing that might stop them is this niche market completely dries up before they can do so. :P

_Man_

Yup, probably. First a standard edition of Vol 1, and one of Vol 2. Then a standard combo edition. Then a SteelBook edition of Vol 1, then a SteelBook of Vol 2, then a SteelBook combo edition. And somewhere along the line, maybe an edition of Vol 1 with the color version of The House of Blue Leaves.

Quite frankly, I'd be fine if the color version of THoBL was included just as a separate extra. I'd prefer it if the Vol 1 movie was offered as a seamless branching of the two, but I'd be OK if that sequence was just an extra by itself.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
On the subject of the two volumes- I just got through watching them back-to-back for the first time. I think there was scuttlebutt that Quentin was interested in, or even working on Volume 3. What could he have done? Seems the films told a complete story.
He was being half serious at the time but Volume 3 was going to be Beatrix vs. Vernita Green's daughter.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Kill Bill was a fairly early 2kDI and would require a lot of time and effort to get to 4k standards.

So if you're expecting better than a filmout scan, don't get your hopes up.
Agreed. Unless they rescan the negative at a higher resolution and sufficient bit depth to do a proper HDR grade, any uptick in quality over the existing blu-rays will likely be marginal.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

He was being half serious at the time but Volume 3 was going to be Beatrix vs. Vernita Green's daughter.

Oh, I think he was entirely serious. But Tarantino has a history of announcing plans for future projects that he later loses enthusiasm for and never happen. File Kill Bill Vol. 3 with the Vega Brothers prequel movie he was so excited about.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm happy with my existing blus of both volumes. Want the Whole Bloody Affair or I'll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks