What's new

A24 Stop Making Sense Restoration 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
As reported by The Digital Bits, quoting Variety: "A preorder for a collector’s edition 4K and Blu-ray release of the film will open Jan. 27".

This is terrific news. It's 10 months ago, since A24 announced the restoration. The re-release was a tremendous critical and public success. Stop Making Sense actually earned more during its re-release this last autumn, than during its original theatrical run. Which is befitting one of the greatest documentaries and concert films ever made.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm on their email list, since I've been buying their exclusives, but I haven't seen anything about this until now.

I'll definitely order one.

Reactions: PMF

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Is this only gonna be available direct from A24 (via their site) like some other limited edition releases?

_Man_

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Is this only gonna be available direct from A24 (via their site) like some other limited edition releases?

_Man_

Good question. I'm assuming that it will be available direct from their web shop at the very least, but this seems like a much, much higher profile product than any of their exclusives, so it might be available elsewhere as well.

I guess we'll find out on the 27th.

On edit: When I first read about this release, I initially thought it was being released on the 27th, so I went to their web shop to order it, and there was no listing. But a re-read of the press release made it clear (for some values of "clear") that the pre-order will start on the 27th.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
But do we know if it'll offer both cuts or merely the theatrical one with the other three numbers as "bonus" material?

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Here it is:

Expected to ship May. I think this will be the release of the year for me.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Thanks Kevin! I just put in my preorder. Can't wait!
It's a true collector's package, with supplements that are on par with the best collector's sets from other premium boutique labels. The Dolby Atmos soundtrack alone will be far superior to any current streaming version.

This is a film which originally was not given a regular theatrical release in Norway. It was only when the Norwegian Film Club Society purchased a single 35mm print, that it was belatedly given a limited release, almost a year after the US premiere. Our local film club paid a premium price of $300 to rent the film for one night (the showing was sold out and we made a profit). I can wait four or five more months for this!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
$70 with tax and shipping.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, it's not cheap, but I trust it'll be worth the cost. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Yeah, it's not cheap, but I trust it'll be worth the cost. Sometimes you just have to go for it.
I'm with you there. It's twice the price, shipped to Norway with import taxes. But A24 never have discounted sales and certain titles are only available from their site. I don't see any point waiting around in this case. Besides, they've funded the restoration independently and I don't mind supporting that. Unlike, say, the rather ridiculous announced Se7en box set, which has a vastly inflated price, due to piles of included junk that I'm not interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks