What's new

Kef 80c center (1 Viewer)

Sonnyc

Grip
Anyone has this speaker? I searched and couldn't find much info about it except that it's match with Kef 60S fronts.
I'm looking for low price center for my Kef Ref One and the matching one is 200c ($800, yikes!). The next model, 100c is also out of my pocket.

Consider the 80c since it's using the same Uni-Q technology as the Ref One.

I was also looking at the JBL S-II and Klipsch SCC-1.

Anyother suggestions?

Thanks

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Chow

Second Unit
Hm..I can't seem to find where the 80c sits in the KEF line. Is it better or worse than the Q95? The Q95C/Q95.2 would probably be the closest matching center w/o getting the Ref Center, but imo, isn't the greatest center in the world. You could probably also consider getting a Q15 or Q15.2 and use that as a center. I think they also have a Ref100 center that should be cheaper than the 200 that would be a more perfect match, but might be more expensive than you want to pay. You could also look at their newest Qseries center which is the Q9c, but the tweeter material has changed, so I'm not sure how much it'll match, but it might match better than other brands.

Sonnyc

Grip
John,
Thanks for the reply. Here's the specs for the 80C
http://www.kef.com/80C.htm
and here's the specs for the Ref One
http://www.kef.com/Refone.htm
They are pretty similar in term of sensitivity and Frequency range and a few other specs and both are rated 4ohms.
I did checked out the Q9C but they don't come in black. Their price is a higher than my budget but I think I can do something about it if it comes in black :)
I wonder if there are others that had or listened to Kef mixed something else.
Thanks

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Sonny it's pretty important to get a close match, if not the soundstage never comes together.I have 5 Q75s and a 20B Sub in the main set up and I love the sound.
I have a KEF Reference 100 center that I am using in the Bedroom that I might part with. Email if Interested, maybe we can work something out.
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks