What's new

Just bought my first 16x9! (42" Sony) (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Just bought the 42" Sony 3LCD set from a local dealer. Paid retail ($1999, but you can't do any better in this town) + tax (only $60). Looked nice in the store, I expect I can get it to look even better with some tweaking. I think 50" is an even better size, but I didn't want to spend an extra $500 or more, and I think this size will fit my apartment well. Plus I should be able to carry it myself.

I did have one question. My current DVD player is a 6 year old Panasonic, thus, no Progressive Scan. Should I go ahead and pick up a progressive DVD player from the store tomorrow when I pick up the set, or is the conversion in this set good enough I can use my old Panasonic (the A120U). Even if I CAN use it, I'm still thinking I should get a new player anyway. My current player can't play any recordable media, and layer changes have always been very noticeable, things that I assume are corrected in new players, even the low cost ones (they have a progressive Sony player at the store for $90).

Looking forward to getting this puppy hooked up and rediscoverying my collection :D

Brian

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Definetly get a new progressive scan player. Heck if you can get your hands on a upscaling player I think it's worth it. But if not, definetly go progressive scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks