What's new

Jurassic Park DTS - Phone Number to call (1 Viewer)

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
I got a quick response from the people at universal to my home phone, and they left a message regarding return address. Today I exchanged the disc at Best Buy, no questions asked, and no receipt needed - yahoo!!

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
An official statement from Universal was posted at the Bits today:
Universal Studios Home Video strives to ensure customer satisfaction, and accordingly has implemented a running change for this title, using the original master soundtrack. The earlier production run can be identified by the code number D2R1 on the inside hub. The newer, current version can be identified by the code D2R2 and will contain a red technical grid on the back of the packaging as part of the running change.
Consumers who have purchased the "D2R1" discs will have the option of making an exchange. Please send in the disc only (without packaging), along with name, address and telephone number, to: Universal Studios Home Video, PO Box 224468, Dallas TX 75260 or Universal Studios Home Video, 8801 Autobahn Drive, Dallas, TX 75237.
Please note: This offer for exchange applies only to the DTS version of Jurassic Park.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
I'd like my humble pie warm, with vanilla ice cream, please.
biggrin.gif

Although I still say that the original release problems did serve to educate a lot of people about bass management, and I hope those lessons are not forgotten. For even though there was apparently less bass in the original dts realease, the discrepancy was much less apparent when one's system was set up properly. THIS was verified by many members who posted back then, stating that they noticed a big improvement of bass when they fixed their speaker setup.
------------------
-Kieran
My HT Page
[Edited last by Kieran Coghlan on August 16, 2001 at 12:58 PM]
[Edited last by Kieran Coghlan on August 16, 2001 at 12:59 PM]

Jeff Field

Auditioning
Uh oh -
The guy didn't tell me to just send the disc, so I sent the whole thing. Crap.
Should I be worried about only getting a disc back?
-Jeff

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
been 3 weeks... customer service said 4 to 6 weeks or even less... *goes back to waiting by mail box*
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Could somebody please post the phone number.
Thanks
[Edited last by Oswald Pascual on September 29, 2001 at 01:29 PM]

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Oswald, check the last sentence of the first post in this thread (the one by Bill Hunt). You will find the number there. :)
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Jon_Boehm

Auditioning
I'm a latecomer to the group and just found this. Just wanted to let people know that the exchange program is still active. I heard back from Universal today and will be sending my JP DTS D2R1 in tomorrow to exchange for JP DTS D2R2. However the mailing address has changed. Its now:

Universal Studios Home Video

PO Box 224468

Dallas TX 75260

I would say, be sure to call ahead and confirm. The phone number in the original post is still correct. In addition the explicitly told me to only send the DVD not the box and insert.

Jon

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Does anyone know if all the defectives ones have beened recalled? I would like to buy the DTS versions in the future but I don't want to get stuck with these if there still out there.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I was wondering the same thing. Are the D2R1 copies still on store sheleves? Or are they now pretty much all D2RS copies? If that is the case, I'll just take my original copy back to a B&M store.

JaLe

Auditioning
I don't know others, but DVDSoon is still selling D2R1 version. I ordered my copy from there about 2 months ago.
I do not understand why this thing is causing grey hairs to everybody :confused: It is very simple to send your JPDTS D2R1 disc to Universal and wait few weeks. Postal charges are not that high.
E.g. from Finland to USA it was 1.10 Euros (approx. 1.10 USD)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks