What's new

Jurassic Park DTS - Phone Number to call (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Are any of you that have called Universal the owners of the original DTS DVD that you bought when the disc first appeared on the shelves a year ago?
I ask because it does not say (or I didn't see) in Bill Hunt's column at The Digital Bits or here whether this kind offer to exchange the discs applies to recent purchases or if anyone can return their copy regaardless of when it was purchased.
I bought my DTS copy when it was first released and so do I qualify? I suppose I can call and find out, but it could waste their time and hold up them up from calling you guys back! Thanks.
Nelson

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Anyone from overseas tried to have the DVD exchanged??
I have a defective JP DTS DVD and I'd like to know if I have a chance to exchange it for a corrected version...
Vincent
PS: Thank you Bill !
------------------

AFI Top 100 Films Home Theater Forum Challenge

AFI Movies Left To Watch: 34 33 32 31 30: Sound Of Music (3.5 out of 4)
[Edited last by Vincent Matis on August 08, 2001 at 04:29 PM]

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
Defective DVD = Bass Lacking Problem only...
or it could be another problem?
How can I know, I have this problem if I don't have the laser disc to compare to?
Thx

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
They called me today wile i was at work.My wife answered and since i forgott to tell her anything about it SHE DENIED THE CALL!!!!! AAAHHHHH!.
I called back and again got the recording,so I hope they try me again.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Got a call from them this afternoon. They simply instruct you to send your disc to a certain address and, once received, they will send out the replacement. No return postage or envelope necessary.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Ha, that's a good question...
confused.gif
They didn't say and I didn't ask, just assuming that they meant only the disc. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll call and leave them another message to find out.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
If somebody finds out whether it's just the disc or the case + disc, could you please post it here? I missed my call back, too
frown.gif

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Pretty impressive - I also received a call same day with the same instructions. Return the disc to such and such address. That's very fast turnaround time considering they must be flooded with these calls. It's clear they're making a sincere effort here.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Brad Nilsson

Agent
I called the number today; I've not heard back.
Is there some reason that Universal or someone on this forum can't just post the information required for the return and the address to send the disk? All this calling and waiting for a return call with the information seems a bit cumbersome and overdone. The disk, as has been well established, is a defective product. Universal should make it easy to exchange a bad one for a good one and publicly post the information.
Brad

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
They called me back today, less than 24 hours later. Just send the old disc back, no receipt required and they will send a new one. They said they are getting a lot of newly pressed discs next week. They pay for the return postage.
As I am Canadian, I hope they put enough postage. Can't wait for the Canada Customs to ding it though. Probably cost as much as buying a replacement. They were very polite and efficient.

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
Do they have to take your name or can someone here post the information to send the disc back? I got a return call when I was away from my desk today. I had to call again and I still have not heard back.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Chris, when the rep called me back she stated she wanted talk to me to obtain my mailing information and to make sure that it was only the JP disc being returned. When she spoke to me it sounded like she was taking down the information as she was speaking to me. I guess they will be confirming the mail ins against the list. Keep trying it sounds like they are responding very well.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
And what was your problem exactly... Bass lacking?
When the guy ask you, you say that?
Thank you
[Edited last by Marc-André L on August 09, 2001 at 10:35 AM]

TerryPM

Agent
I specifically asked the person I spoke with (Rhonda) and she told me I only had to return the disk, not the case.

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
I got another message today. This time she told me to just mail it back to a particular address. I left my address in a message I left after I missed their first call. I guess they took that information down.
Looks like Universal is really doing a good job correcting the problem.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Deleting earlier post. I finally got through!
Gary
------------------
[Edited last by Gary Cianciosi on August 09, 2001 at 04:35 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks