What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: Jurassic World: Dominion (4k UHD Combo/SteelBook) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
87ddb5b3-3d09-482c-bd74-9f2cd4a4ac0f.png

THE YEAR’S DINO-SIZED MOVIE JUST GOT BIGGER WITH AN ALL-NEW EXTENDED EDITION, FEATURING 14 EXTRA MINUTES OF THE FILM, AN ALTERNATE OPENING, MORE ACTION AND MORE DINOSAURS

afd29e7b-09a7-d50b-3e5a-62c4c0bbe0e4.png
OWN THE EXTENDED EDITION ON DIGITAL, 4K ULTRA HD AND BLU-RAYTM AUGUST 16, 2022
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, August 9, 2022 – Bring home JURASSIC WORLD DOMINIONboasting 14 minutes of never-before-seen footage, an alternate opening, more dinosaurs and more action on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray™ on August 16th, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Having generated over $950 million in global ticket sales, the summer’s colossal adventure from Amblin Entertainment and Universal Pictures topped the box-office charts in 72 markets around the world release weekend and broke franchise records in 16, earning an “A-” CinemaScore. In addition to the Extended cut, this exclusive special edition includes captivating behind-the-scenes content chronicling the making of the movie from beginning to end, the original short film Battle at Big Rock, and much more, for the perfect movie night at home.

Two worlds collide as the epic saga that began with Jurassic Park comes to a grand conclusion in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION. Directed by Colin Trevorrow and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two Jurassic Park films, JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION takes place four years after Isla Nublar’s destruction when dinosaurs roam the Earth again. Facing the cataclysmic consequences of a planet once again dominated by prehistoric predators, two generations of Jurassic heroes unite as doctors Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) and Alan Grant (Sam Neill) return to join Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) and Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) for an incredible adventure that will determine the destiny of humans and dinosaurs once and for all.

With the purchase of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION EXTENDED EDITION on digital or disc, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members can redeem their points for digital movies, swag and more! For registration and details please visit www.MyUniversalRewards.com.

BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM & DIGITAL*:
  • EXTENDED VERSION – An extended cut of the film with 14 minutes of additional footage featuring more dinosaurs, action, iconic character moments and an alternate opening
  • BATTLE AT BIG ROCK** – Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the short film takes place one year after the events of JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM in Big Rock National Park.
  • A NEW BREED OF VFX – VFX supervisor David Vickery and the magicians at ILM discuss the incredible visual effects work featured in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION.
  • DINOSAURS AMONG US: INSIDE JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION
    • TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME - Cast and filmmakers discuss the evolution of the franchise and the special union of characters from JURASSIC PARK and JURASSIC WORLD.
    • UNDERGROUND DINO MARKET - Join filmmakers for a tour of the amazing dino market set and discover how they brought it to life.
    • MAYHEM IN MALTA - A behind-the-scenes look at the Atrociraptor rooftop chase and Owen’s harrowing motorcycle ride through the narrow streets and alleyways of Malta.
    • SCARY REAL
      • SPIT TAKE: THE RETURN OF THE DILOPHOSAURUS - Live-action dinosaurs supervisor John Nolan and his team reveal how they created the impressive Dilophosaurus animatronic.
      • INSIDE THE DIMETRODON - Learn how the filmmaking team operated the terrifying Dimetrodon animatronic and hear from Laura Dern and Sam Neill on what it was like working with it.
      • CREATING A PLAGUE - Laura Dern and Bryce Dallas Howard discuss the enormous locusts featured in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION and the creature effects team reveals how they were created and deployed.
      • PASSING THE BATA..N- Discover the craftsmanship behind the realistic-looking Beta animatronic and hear from Chris Pratt and Isabella Sermon on why they enjoyed working with it.
      • GIGA-BITE - Go behind the scenes with the cast of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION as they are introduced to the biggest star of the film, the Giganotosaurus, for the very first time.
    • FINAL NIGHT - Witness the emotional final night of filming with the cast and crew of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION.
* At participating Digital retailers
** Included on all formats including DVD

FILMMAKERS:
Cast: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, DeWanda Wise, Mamoudou Athie, BD Wong and Omar Sy
Music By: Michael Giacchino
Jurassic Park Theme By: John Williams
Costume Designer: Joanna Johnston
Editor: Mark Sanger ACE, BFE
Production Designer: Kevin Jenkins
Director of Photography: John Schwartzman ASC
Executive Producers: Steven Spielberg, Alexandra Derbyshire, Colin Trevorrow
Produced By: Frank Marshall p.g.a., Patrick Crowley p.g.a.
Based on Characters Created By: Michael Crichton
Story By: Derek Connolly & Colin Trevorrow
Screenplay By: Emily Carmichael and Colin Trevorrow
Directed By: Colin Trevorrow

TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K UHD:
Street Date: August 16, 2022
Selection Number: 1000815028 (US) / 1000815063 (CDN)
Layers: BD 100
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.00:1
Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence and language
Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish
Sound: English (DTS: X for Feature and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1)
Run Time: 2 hours 26 minutes (Theatrical) 2 hours 40 minutes (Extended)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:

Selection Number: 1000815029 (US) / 1000815064 (CDN)
Layers: BD 50
Sound: English (DTS: X for Feature and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1)
Run Time: 2 hours 26 minutes (Theatrical) 2 hours 40 minutes (Extended)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Selection Number: 1961213953 (US) / 1000815079 (CDN)
Layers: DVD 9
Sound: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 for Feature and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Run Time: 2 hours 26 minutes (Theatrical Only)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I only have the first one on the 3D blu release and III on blu. I actually enjoyed World and Fallen Kingdom. Wasn't crazy about Dominion (though I still like it a lot more than Lost World), but when they inevitably come out with a six-film 4K set, I'll probably pick that up.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yup, I got notified early this morning from the retailer I preordered it from. Very odd!
+1
Actually received an email from Universal

1660075233313.png

& from the retailer. Oddly the same retailer didn't make me jump through hoops to "approve" a new release date as they usually do.

1660075153073.png

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
VUDU has the extended version in 4K UHD. iTunes has the extended version in HD.
iTunes seems to "drop the ball" often.

Dave>h

Second Unit
Just picked this up. Does the extra 14 minutes make it better? I have not heard a lot of positive things about this. One poster said it was better than Lost World which is not exactly high praise...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Just picked this up. Does the extra 14 minutes make it better? I have not heard a lot of positive things about this. One poster said it was better than Lost World which is not exactly high praise...

Sadly its not. I read at another forum for that answer. they would need to rewrite the script to make it better. that was a stinker. Jurassic Park the original was the only good one.

Jacob

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I received this in the this evening. I haven't had the time to watch but it has a "restored" Prologue ...

and I'm assuming it's not just "slates"
1660706578543.png
;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Sadly its not. I read at another forum for that answer. they would need to rewrite the script to make it better. that was a stinker. Jurassic Park the original was the only good one.

I always enjoyed "Lost World". It's got definite flaws but it comes with an awful lot of good action.

"JP3" is a step down but still delivers excitement.

"World" is pretty good, but "Kingdom" is kinda meh.

Didn't much care for "Dominion" theatrically. Will see if I change my mind on Blu-ray.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I received my 4K steelbook from Target yesterday and watched the film for the first time last night, opting for the extended edition. While it has MANY flaws, the most glaring being the inordinately long runtime, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. It was great seeing Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum revisit their characters, and I'd say that was the highlight of the movie for me. Nostalgia went a long way in making me forget the stuff that wasn't so good.

As Robert Harris points out in his A Few Words About... post, this is a reference 4K disc. It looks simply phenomenal on my 65" OLED.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Jurassic World Dominion just arrived today! Now my Jurassic collection is now currently complete. Some didn't care for the latest addition to Jurassic but I actually did enjoy the mix of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World.

Jurassic Collection 8_2022.jpg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I did a pretty detailed overview of the changes for my review.

Here it is - spoilerized for your protection!

The disc comes with both the film’s theatrical cut (2:26:57) as well as an Extended Edition (2:40:40). How do the two differ?

The biggest single change comes from a three-minute, 20-second prologue that goes back millions of years to show dinosaurs in their original habitat. This allows us to view the mosquito that sampled the blood of a T Rex.

This leads into a modern-day sequence in which we see hunters track and try to take down a creature. This then moves a scene in which an aquatic dino attacks a fishing boat until after we see a news report.

From there the two remain identical until Extended hits about 14:15, at which point Owen and friends meet some poachers. This goes for about two minutes, and then soon thereafter, we see minor extensions to the scene in which Maisie goes into town.

Not long after this we see hunters as they try to kill raptors. Theatrical hints at this, as it shows Owen’s reaction to the gunfire, but it doesn’t show the actual hunters.

The campfire discussion of Maisie’s development gets a minor extension. The sequence in which Ellie investigates the giant locust receives another 50 seconds of screen time.

Alan’s introduction also gets a bit more time, as he deals with some young women unimpressed by dinosaurs. The opening meeting between Sattler and Grant also receives a smidgen more space.

That gets us to around 34 minutes into Extended, at which point we’ve seen about eight minutes of the added 14 minutes. Nothing changes until about 58:30, at which time Kayla sells a small dino to a dude who uses the critter in a cockfighting-type situation.

Expect a few seconds of extra violence as Owen confronts the poacher around 1:04:20. Minor slivers of added mayhem come from the subject chase as well, though none of these last more than a couple seconds each.

At 1:13:31, we see Owen and Claire check on each other after their escape, and this goes about 40 seconds. The two versions stay identical until Extended gets to 1:40:32, at which time we see the “Hyperloop” vehicle with Ellie/Alan/Maisie stop and leave them in the amber mine in an elongated bit.

Their entrance to this domain spans about 75 seconds and reorganizes shots that depict Dodgson’s involvement. 1:48:10 starts a two and a half minute piece in which Dodgson deletes files for nefarious motives, and Ramsay attempts – unsuccessfully – to get him to do the right thing.

When the flaming locusts escape, we see a tad more of their departure. And that becomes the last change made for Extended, as the rest of the film matches Theatrical.

Does one version work better than the other? Not really.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like some of the additions. In particular, I feel happy to see more of the characters from Park.
Otherwise, I can’t find much here that seems beneficial, and some of the additions create narrative problems. For example, a reference Owen makes to the poacher leader recognizing him makes no sense in Extended since we already saw the two interact.

The prehistoric prologue feels entirely superfluous. We don’t need to see a mosquito suck blood from a dino, as we know that concept already.

At 147 minutes, Theatrical already offered the longest Jurassic film to date – and by nearly 20 minutes. None of its predecessors went past the 129 minutes of Lost World.

As such, the Theatrical Dominion already stretched audience patience, so an extra 14 minutes seems like a difficult proposition. If the Extended managed to bring consistent value to the added bits, I could recommend it, but a lot of this footage feels fairly gratuitous.

I feel happy that we get the option to watch the Extended cut. However, even with its flaws, I’d take Theatrical instead, just because it feels tighter.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Superfluous? Sure. But an extra 3 minutes and 20 seconds of some of the best dino CGI ever created to date makes it work for me. And really, when you're talking about a 2-hour and 27-minute movie anyway, is an extra 14 minutes really that much of a bother? I don't think so. ;)

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Superfluous? Sure. But an extra 3 minutes and 20 seconds of some of the best dino CGI ever created to date makes it work for me. And really, when you're talking about a 2-hour and 27-minute movie anyway, is an extra 14 minutes really that much of a bother? I don't think so. ;)

eCRYihn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks