What's new

Jurassic Park DTS - Phone Number to call (1 Viewer)

Jeremy

Stunt Coordinator
The number worked for me at 11:20 a.m MST. There might be problem just in your area.
BTW Thank you very much Mr. Hunt and Universal Home Video. Better late than never.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
If no, how can I be sure mine it is really defective?
Look around the inner ring of the DVD. IF there is some text that says PEMC D2R1, then it's the old one. If it says PEMC D2R2, then it's the new one. OR check the Video_TS files. If they are dated 11/14/2000, they're the new one. If they say 7/25/2000 then it's the old one.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Mr. Hunt.
And Universal as well. We derided them for ignoring the problem for so long, now I want to make sure they know that I am appreciative of their efforts to correct it.
See? We don't bite...hard.
biggrin.gif

------------------
My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Link Removed for their Link Removed reviews

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Do they instruct you to send the disc + case, or just the disc?
The woman I spoke with (very pleasant and professional) said I could send it either way. So I'm just going to send the disc and hold on to the spare keepcase. :)
doug
------------------
"How can it be the same movie if they've changed my character from a
tightly-wound convenience-store clerk to a jittery Eskimo
firefighter?... uh huh... uh huh... uh huh. Well, that's actually a
pretty good explanation..."
--James Woods, on THE SIMPSONS

Marc-Andre L

Auditioning
thank William Ward,
my number is PEMC-D2R1, so it's look like I got the old one... the defective one
I will have to call to, for the exchange. :)
Thank everyone

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Do they issue a return authorization number per request? If not, can't we just send it to the specified address? Why wait for a phone call at all?
Elbert

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Elbert, I don't know. Looks like with most people somebody wanted to talk to them. I missed the return call but they just left a message instructing me to mail it to a specified address. I never gave them my address so all they have to go on is my phone # and name. Maybe that's sufficient, maybe they don't even need that, maybe the rep made a mistake and I won't get my DVD exchanged. The rep didn't say anything regarding an authorization number, either. Go figure.

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Why dont they just post the address to send the disc back, instead of making people call and then wait for a call back just to get the address.
Long sentence there.
Dylan

PeterB

Agent
I'm confused...why is everyone trying to "return" their defective DTS DVDs? They aren't defective at all. In fact, the old DTS DVDs are more accurate to the original theatrical mix. Universal will be releasing a statement early next week on the issue. The current exchange is merely a customer service for those who prefer the new mix on the new repressed DTS DVD...
------------------
Peter M. Bracke

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I called on Tuesday and was called back on Wednesday by Rhonda. I wasn't home, so she left a message on my machine asking me to call back so she could get my name and address and so she could give me the address to return the disc to. I called yesterday and left another message and today I got called back by Collette. She did not want my address. She just gave me the address to send the defective disc to and said to include my name and address with the disc so they could send me a new one.
I explained to her about all the people on this forum wanting to exchange their defective discs and asked for permission to post the information here. She said that would be great. And I asked again if she need to talk to each individual to get their address, and she said no, she was just calling everyone back to give them the address to send their discs to. I also asked if I should send just the disc or the disc and the case, and she said do not send the box, just the disc.
Here is the address:
Universal Home Video
8801 Autobahn Drive
Dallas, TX 75237
Send your disc and include a piece of paper with your name and address so they can ship you out a new one.
BTW, thanks to Bill for all his work on this issue!
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/
[Edited last by Andrea W on August 09, 2001 at 06:03 PM]
[Edited last by Andrea W on August 14, 2001 at 11:35 AM]

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Andrea,
I sure hope this exchange is good outside of the U.S.
Great job Bill!
Mike

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I too talked with Rhonda (VERY nice lady) and have already put my disc in the mail.
Thanks, Bill! You're a lifesaver!
------------------
You bought fish boots...

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Just sent mine to them today.They are in TX , so maybe it wont take 6 months to get the new one back.The wife took the call this time... and she was told to just send the disk to save on shipping.They also took my name and address.
:) :)
[Edited last by Eric Stuckey on August 09, 2001 at 06:53 PM]

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
They probably want calls so they can screen why the discs are being returned. If they put out a general notice, all the yahoos will start assuming that there's something wrong with their disc and try to return it. Most people won't notice the small print that says "DTS with PEMC-D2R1," they'll just see the title "Jurassic Park exchange" and assume. BTW, even though this is a very discreet way of handling the problem, at least Universal is doing it. They've regained ground in my eyes.
------------------
Women are often attracted to men with money and power. I have neither, and they know it.

Andrea - thanks so much for posting the actual address. I got a call yeterday from Rhonda and took down the address. I folded the piece of paper and put it in my pocket. I did laundry last night, and washed that pair of pants...didn't take out the piece of paper before hand...
frown.gif

-John
------------------
John Holbrook
MY DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks