What's new
World Wide Stereo

Jitter/blurr on LG 65UF8500 4K UHD (1 Viewer)

TimmyBosko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Bosko
Hi,

I recently got the subject TV. We are very happy with it but have one issue we cannot seem to completely resolve.

When watching a program and when the camera is stationary and a person walks from left to right or vice versa, the body is very jerky.. kinda like catching trails..

We are using the "Sport" picture preset as it is the brightest and most vivid.

We have tried all the other presets and still have the jerkyness.

We also messed with the TruMotion setting presets.. Still not able to really make it go away.

We tried the user setting where you can change the de-jitter and de-blurr manually. We tried many many different settings and still, we can reduce it to some degree but it still happens.

Has anyone had any experience with the LG series 4k LED sets with jitter reduction/elimination?

If so can you please post your settings..

Thanks in advance.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So far, LG and Samsung have no way of shutting off motion interpolation. It is baked in. Hopefully...that is what you are seeing.

This is the very reason 4K LCD doesn't exist for me.

TimmyBosko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Bosko
schan1269 said:
So far, LG and Samsung have no way of shutting off motion interpolation. It is baked in. Hopefully...that is what you are seeing.

This is the very reason 4K LCD doesn't exist for me.

Gotcha.. That makes sense.. Well we are able to reduce it so I guess that's as good as it gets.. Appreciate the replies..

TimmyBosko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Bosko
Worth said:
According to this, it is possible to turn off motion interpolation on that particular model:

https://youtu.be/WIIRwRbv20Y?t=373

Yea we tried turning that off early on and did not help.. In some cases depending on what we were watching, the jitter got worse. Now we're in the Tru motion "user" settings trying find a sweet spot. So far we were able to reduce it somewhat. We will continue again soon. Our goal is to get it so it is bearable on regular tv shows, DVR'd shows and movies. It's weird how some shows we can get it to almost disappear and with the same settings, other shows have real bad jitter.. It must have something to do with how each particular show/movie was filmed and at what speed. Just a guess.

Anyway.. really appreciate all the suggestions/info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sp2024
Recent bookmarks