What's new

Jersey Girl (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, Kevin Smith has posted his first entry into the Link Removed.
Unfortuneately, the Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back D.P., who was responsible for the best looking Smith film so far isn't returning. Miramax felt the look still wasn't good enough. The Kevin Smith/Jamie Anderson director/D.P. team was one that I thought would bring us alot more View Askew flicks. Alas, it was not to be...
Fortuneately, they got a good replacement. Vilmos Zsigmond; D.P. on flicks including Deliverance, The Deer Hunter, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind; has signed to lense Jersey Girl. Fortuneately, Smith knows his limitations and leaves the D.P. to do his own work, so Zsigmond should have a lot of freedom when lensing the flick. Personally, I'm excited.
Oh, and the title character will be played by Raquel Castro.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
the d.p. from close encounters stooping down to a kevin smith movie?? what the hell?
Unlike Kevin Smith's previous five films, this is going to be his second film that doesn't stoop to dick and fart jokes and actually tell a real story (like Chasing Amy) and it'll be rated PG-13 so I dont have to get a parent to buy me a ticket to get in. :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The article I linked to above: Link Removed.
EDIT: I just checked and the vB code didn't convert right for whatever reason... the link has been updated.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
Unlike Kevin Smith's previous five films, this is going to be his second film that doesn't stoop to dick and fart jokes and actually tell a real story (like Chasing Amy) and it'll be rated PG-13 so I dont have to get a parent to buy me a ticket to get in.
hmmm...i'll wait for the trailers...but doesnt it have jennifer lopez in it?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
That's what I thought too Sam. IMDB still has her in it...but they've been wrong before.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chasing Amy didn't stoop to dick and fart jokes for MOST of it, but there were still some there.

Also, people say this film will destroy the "Jersey Trilogy" (Chasing Amy, Clerks, and Mallrats) by adding another Jersey-based film to the group, but technically Chasing Amy takes place partially in Jersey and New York City, so it's not exactly a 100% Jersey movie.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've heard people complain that since it takes place IN New Jersey, it will make the trilogy into a quadrilogy (or whatever the word is). Somehow that's a bad thing.

And you're right, it really isn't associated with the trilogy at all. It just so happens to take place in Jersey.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I've heard people complain that since it takes place IN New Jersey, it will make the trilogy into a quadrilogy (or whatever the word is). Somehow that's a bad thing.
Just cause the film takes place IN Jersey doesn't mean it has to do with "The New Jersey Trilogy" (which is not even a trilogy due to Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Jersey Trilogy are just the three films that take place in Jersey (Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy). J&SBSB and Dogma were the last two made and don't take place in Jersey, so his first three movies are the "Jersey Trilogy."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
SBSB and Dogma were the last two made and don't take place in Jersey
Dogma had major scenes in Jersey. Like the scene where John Doe gets the crap kicked out of him and the last forty minutes or so.
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back also has scenes that take place in Jersey (such as the entire beginning and later scenes in the Quick Stop, Brodie's Secret Stash, and Holden's pad).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Dogma had major scenes in Jersey. Like the scene where John Doe gets the crap kicked out of him and the last forty minutes or so.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back also has scenes that take place in Jersey (such as the entire beginning and later scenes in the Quick Stop, Brodie's Secret Stash, and Holden's pad)
Let me restate...

Dogma and J&SBSB are the only two that don't take place entirely in Jersey (though Chasing Amy doesn't either).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Morgan...where are you getting that info from. I've heard Kevin include Dogma and J&SBSB in the "Jersey Trilogy." Multiple times he said that J&SBSB was the last "Jersey movie."

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Multiple times he said that J&SBSB was the last "Jersey movie."
Kevin Smith has said many times that J&SBSB will be the last Jersey film and that Jay and Silent Bob will never be seen again (unless that Clerks animated feature gets off the ground). He even mentions it in the interview that Adam posted.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Dogma and J&SBSB are the only two that don't take place entirely in Jersey (though Chasing Amy doesn't either).
Morgan, please don't take this the wrong way, but this is without a doubt the most confusing sentence I've ever read. :)
Are "Dogma" and "J&SBSB" the only two? Or is it "Dogma," "J&SBSB," and "Chasing Amy" as well? You seem to be saying both in the same breath.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Kevin Smith has said multiple times that the concept was originally to have a Jersey Trilogy, beginning with Clerk ending with Chasing Amy. Then the trilogy became 4 movies, then the final 5th movie Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Jersey Girl will be his first movie outside the View Askew universe and will not contain any characters from his other movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks