What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

DebraChatham

Auditioning
I am most interested in The Sentinel on DVD. I have all the episodes on VHS, but the quality isn't great and they are unedited..commercials, GAH!

Like others, I would particularly be interested in the original episodes, not the hacked up versions currently airing. I would also much prefer all the eps become available at one time.

Bonuses would be great...bloopers! But I'd buy the DVDs even without...

I spend a LOT of money on The Sentinel by way of traveling to conventions - a couple a year - where I can interact with other Sentinel fans. My money is just waiting for those DVDs to appear!

Debra Chatham
:)

Edit: I forgot to comment on JAG... I would not be interested in buying DVDs. I have only seen a couple of episodes.

TiaD

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: :-D Oh my! Yes!!! I would buy the entire Sentinel series, given the opportunity! And, I *do* put my money where my mouth is.

Tia in Colorado

JoAnn

Auditioning
Sign me up! I would definitely buy boxed sets of The Sentinel. Price is not an issue for me. If they were made available, I would purchase the entire 4 seasons no matter what the cost. I've been waiting for years for this great show to be available for purchase, and I had almost given up hope. The fact that you're even considering it has made my day!

Amy Mountz

Auditioning
I am a huge Sentinel fan. I would love to have all episodes on dvd. I prefer to buy them by boxed sets of seasons. I have done this already with many of my favorite shows, ie 24, The Shield, X-files seasons 1-6, BtVS seasons 1-3, Angel, Babylon 5, Stargate seasons 1 and 2. I still watch the shows on television, but nothing can beat the dvd versions. The picture quality is wonderful as is the sound. The one thing I don't like about the way SciFi is airing the Sentinel is the way they are butchering it. They are cutting out scenes that are important. That is another reason I want the original on dvd, I want to see the entire show. I would hope there would be outtakes and bloopers, interviews with the actors and things like that included. Even if all the dvds have on them are the episodes, I would still be thrilled. You need to make the dvds multiregional. There are fans all over the world that want the show. I have many online friends in France, England, Austrailia, Germany, South America, Canada, not to mention all over the United States that want this show on dvd. I would think with the success that so many other shows are having on dvd, that you would jump at the chance to do the same. With the Sentinel airing over in Europe and I believe in some places in South America for the first time, the fan base is growing by leaps and bounds.

Richard Burgi and Garett Maggart have a large fan following. I know that is one of the reasons I even started to watch the show 24, due to Richard Burgi being cast in it. I liked the show, it was very good, but what swayed me to get the season on dvd was the fact that Richard Burgi was in it. That may make me a silly fan, but it makes me a silly fan willing to spend the money for something I want. Please take into consideration that there are a number of us willing to spend money on things we want if it has something to do with an actor we admire and want to see.

So count me in for all episodes, preferably in boxed sets.

RhondaHTX

Auditioning
I have never watched JAG so I wouldn't buy that but I'd stand in line for The Sentinel. My fuzzy VCR tapes are wearing out! What would be even better is if you'd add extra footage such as bloopers and interviews from the cast today. I'd love to see all 4 seasons in one boxed set so we won't run into the heartache of maybe one or two seasons being distributed then quitting. Or offer all 4 for a less price than the other $100 boxed sets. That's a bit ridiculous.

While we're at it, how about a reunion movie?

-Rhonda

EileenDP

Auditioning
I would definitely be interested in The Sentinel on DVD. I have been a fan of the show since it first aired on UPN and have been waiting for DVDs. I collect a number of TV shows on DVD, and this is one I have been wanting for a long time.

Maggie B

Auditioning
As you can tell from the sudden influx of new members to this forum who all want to tell you how badly we want The Sentinel on DVD, well, the show has a large internet following. If you DVD-it, we will definitely buy.

Scott Genualdi

Auditioning
Wow! Welcome to all the new members of the HTF.

Mr. Blythe,

I'm quite interested in JAG reaching DVD. I'm collecting sets of The X-Files, Buffy, Sopranos, MTM and plan on collecting Cheers. I would definitely buy it no matter the price.

I've never seen The Sentinel, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Deborah W.

Auditioning
I would definitely purchase The Sentinel if it was released on DVD. I'd prefer to see it in boxed sets. I'd consider purchasing JAG for my mother as a gift (she's a big fan).

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I don't think I'd buy either of these blindly, but I might give them a rent. "Pete & Pete", on the other hand, is definite purchase.

Lisa Black

Auditioning
I would love to have the entire series of The Sentinel on DVD. With the season sets often come extras like bloopers but the most important thing would be to have the episodes in their entirety!

Definitely count me in for The Sentinel!

Lisa

TerriZ

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel on DVD. I have stopped buying videos at all. The big attraction (other than the show itself) would be UNCUT episodes and any extras that might be included, such as trailers or ads for the show, interviews, background info. etc.... I am not that big a fan of JAG so I wouldn't buy those. BUT I would buy DVDs of Starsky & Hutch, especially if they would be the UNCUT versions of the episodes which haven't been seen in years.

Syndication is a major pain in what it cuts to make room for more commercials.

AlexandraT

Auditioning
I have several tapes full of the edited
The Sentinelepisodes that are being shown on Sci Fi channel, and I have paid for the tapes and the shipping to have someone copy the original UPN episodes, which were quite blurry, so I'd gladly pay for The Sentinel on DVD.

Thanks so much for asking!

KatyPenland

Auditioning
In response to Post #24 from AmyLS (below):

There *are* DVDs of the unsold movie "Demon Under Glass" that fans paid for nearly a year ago, but the producers still haven't sent most of them out. And I doubt B5 fans will be happy with how Jason Carter is treated on the DVD cover -- with his head cut off!

Katy

"On another note, I know many Sentinel and Babylon 5 fans would give their eye teeth to see Demon Under Glass go DtV, since nobody seems to be picking it up. No idea why not--it's yummy stuff. That's another one I'd get a second job to pay for. *grin*"

AmyLS

SandraPer

Auditioning
I would love DVDs of THE SENTINEL. Right now, all I have to watch are grainy, 6-hour speed VHS which won't last very long.
Reasonably priced, clear, un-cut DVDs would be great! I hope Paramount can make it happen.

Sandy

BethB

Auditioning
I have been eagerly waiting for the chance to own boxed season sets of The Sentinel. I only started watching the show when SciFi picked it up, so I've never seen the uncut versions of the episodes.

Please, bring The Sentinel to DVD, the sooner the better!

BethB

BethB

Auditioning
There is no doubt in my mind that the moment I got a release date for The Sentinel on DVD, I'd be putting in my pre-order. As far as Jag - I didn't watch it, but my partner did, so good chance we'd be picking up the sets of that as well.

And I strongly agree with the person who posted that there would be a huge interest in Demon Under Glass as well.

Enid D

Auditioning
If The Sentinel were to ever come out on DVD I most certainly would pay to buy it in a boxed set. My only wish would be that all four season be made available.

Enid

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have noticed a lot of interest in these two titles coming to DVD from Paramount.

I have decided to make a poll concerning this to give Martin more accurate numbers, etc.

You will only be able to vote once but you can chose either one or both if you are interested in seeing them come out on DVD.

Parker

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm not interested in either of them, but I would buy Police Squad, as long as it does not come out piecemeal like Star Trek TOS or I Love Lucy.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks