What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

Christi

Auditioning
I would absolutely buy The Sentinel if it was on DVD. I would like to have all 4 seasons in the original length versions, of course and added scenes or features would also be appreciated.

Christi

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
I would love season sets of J.A.G. at a reasonable price point ($50-$60).

Given J.A.G.'s change from NBC to CBS and focus change as far as the ensemble cast is concerned, there could be some interesting extras with these sets. Since the show incorporates current events into the show, extras could be made from that point of view.

Thank you for asking the question.

David Singleton

AmyLS

Auditioning
Martin-

I would definitely purchase a Sentinel DVD set, and to tell you the truth, I'd pay through the nose for it and be darn happy to do so. *grin*

It would, however, drive me just *nuts* if the sets were released seson-by-season, only to be left unfinished due to what looks like "insufficient interest". Very depressing to put money into DVD purchases only to find the series abandoned after the first season or two.

It'd be lovely to see the uncut eps. SciFi has chopped them up quite a bit, losing some of the best moments in the show. And one can only wonder what kind of extras and goodies could be included in a DVD release! There's lots of good stuff to play with, there. Since I'm already prepared to pay big $ for the bare-bones series, I'll definitely get crazy with the checkbook if there's bonus material involved. *swoons at thought of blooper footage*

I've never seen JAG, although I'm aware of it--just not my thing. MacGyver, on the other hand, was good stuff. It had a long run, too. Could make it expensive to own the whole series, but we'd go for it if the price was right.

On another note, I know many Sentinel and Babylon 5 fans would give their eye teeth to see Demon Under Glass go DtV, since nobody seems to be picking it up. No idea why not--it's yummy stuff. That's another one I'd get a second job to pay for. *grin*

Best-
Amy

Silvie-B

Auditioning
Wow, the Sentinel on DVD would be so great! Though I taped almost every episode, I would certainly buy the DVD, because the quality is much better (and there's not always the beginning missing, as it is the case with my tapes...) ;)

Greetings, Silvie :D

KarenJCO

Auditioning
I would definitely pay to get the Sentinel on DVD! Especially all four seasons. I can't pay Trek prices but someone's suggestion of $60-$70 sounds in my ballpark.
I watch JAG pretty regularly but I'm not as sure I'd buy it.
And if MacGyver came out - oh, yeah.

NancyAT

Auditioning
I would definitely jump at the chance to buy The Sentinel on DVD in season sets. I missed the original run of the show, and Sci-Fi butchers and censors the episodes. I would truly love to see it complete and restored. I would also like to see Forever Knight on DVD. I'd shell out for that in season sets, too.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
JAG would not be acceptable in other than season sets, since there are ongoing threads that need to be taken in order.

I would buy season sets of JAG if they were in the $50 ballpark. Maybe in the $70, and no way at the $100+.
Never seen The Sentinel, so I express no opinion there.

Lyn T

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel in DVD boxed sets. Having just been told by our local station here in Australia that there is no chance of them rescreening The Sentinel here (and we only ever got to Season Two anyway), I'd be prepared to pay a reasonable sum for it. Do hope it would be available to us overseas.

Paula_Pes

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel. I already have all the episodes uncut on tape but I would kill to have them on DVD. We the fans have been hoping for this to happen for years! :D

I like JAG but it is not a show that I watch regularly so if it was a choice between the two I would definitely have to say YES to The Sentinel! ;)

KatyPenland

Auditioning
I'd be totally interested in all four seasons of The Sentinel on DVD -- as long as they're the original, uncut eps, not the ones being shown on the SciFi channel now. Where do I sign up?

While we're talking Sentinel, is there any chance of Paramount ever doing a reunion show (cast, not producers), like one that takes place a few years down the road from where the original series left off?

Barb N-M

Auditioning
I would most certainly purchase The Sentinel DVDs. I've been a fan of the show since the first episode in 1996, and since the show's cancellation, the fans have been trying very hard to get all the episodes released on DVD.

The Sentinel is large, untapped fan base, waiting eagerly for merchandise.

And I think a reasonable price per season would be around $60.00.

As for JAG, I enjoy the show, but have no desire to purchase DVDs of it.

Barb Nice-Miller

Laura Peck

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel on DVD. I buy DVD's regularly and that is one I would buy as soon as it came it. This is one of my favorite shows and would purchase it as soon as it came out on DVD. I am planning on purchasing the CSI DVD box set when it comes out at the end of this month so I do purchase box sets of shows I like.

Kat*W

Auditioning
I would be more than happy to pay for The Sentinel on DVD. Uncut and all four seasons, please! My VHS tapes are wearing out. This is my favorite television series of all time and I'd be happy to fork over my cash for four seasons in a nice boxed set (please!). That's just sixty-five little episodes. :D I have never purchased any other television series on VHS or DVD, but this would definitely break my record. I'm eager to spend my money. Thank you!

Meg Noland

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel DVD Collection. I would love the chance to get all four seasons uncut. I have episodes of several TV shows like Stargate, Buffy, Angel, etc. I belong to several Sentinel lists and there are a large number of Sentinel fans in US and outside like Canada, England, Australia, who have been wanting to buy Sentinel episodes.

Meg

RuthCrenshaw

Auditioning
I would definitely buy The Sentinel on DVD. I own several DVD sets already, and as this is one of my favorite shows, I would buy all 4 seasons of the Sentinel if it came out.

GayleM

Auditioning
I would be very, very interested in all four seasons of The Sentinal on DVD. I am a member of three private mailing lists for this particular show and know of many people who would also be interested. We are lucky that SciFi Channel has been replaying this show, however, because of the commercial cuts we know there are scenes missing from the original air version and getting them on DVD would solve this problem.
GO JIM & BLAIR!!!!
;) ;) ;)
Gayle

Felicia W

Auditioning
The Sentinel on DVD? Hallelujah! I've been waiting approximately three years for this news, ever since I discovered the show on the SciFi Channel. I'm dying to see the series--all 4 seasons--uncut, as originally aired by Paramount. And if they were priced within the $40 - $60 range, I am so there. Include extra goodies, like interviews or promo spots and trailers (the SenQuil ad is my absolute favorite), and how could I resist?

Just let us know when and where we should start looking for them.

Cheers,
Felicia

SusanFox

Auditioning
I would love to buy all four seasons of the Sentinel in a box set. Especially if the episodes were uncut and not in the edited as they are on SCIFi channel. I currently have all the episodes on VHS, but they are starting to wear out. So PLEASE...PLEASE release the Sentinel on DVD.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Season sets of JAG, none of this Best of. Just straight Season sets, and also please keep the price under $60, I mean other than that the decision could be hard to reach. maybe even $70 but not $100.

DawnWind

Auditioning
Yes, I'd love to have The Sentinel on DVD! All four seasons, and please don't cut any of the scenes. Also, if you include any commentaries or additional material, please consider close captioning them so I and other people who are hard of hearing can enjoy the additional features as well as the regular programming.

While I do enjoy catching an episode of JAG now and then, at this time I'm not interested in obtaining DVD sets for that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks