What's new

Is There a good Region Free DVD software for my pc? (1 Viewer)

RafaelB

Second Unit
Hello-
First-time poster in this section and I was wondering if there was any software out tehre that I could download to play non-region 1 discs on my pc.
I'm currently using winDVD software and that gives you a limit on how many times you can change your region settings.
Thanks in advance.
Rafael

RafaelB

Second Unit
Thank you Richard!
I'm off to try it right now.
biggrin.gif

Rafael

RafaelB

Second Unit
Well, I downloaded the genie, and it didn't quite work. Possibly since my player is RCP2.
I then went back to the site and looked up the information for the firmware patch and it seemed to me that it wasn't in English. Could anyone that has done it explain it to me?
I've got and _NEC 5700A player in my computer if that helps.
Thanks!
Rafael

Phu Vo

Stunt Coordinator
Check out this link: Link Removed Scroll down till you see the listing of your DVD ROM drive. Read the little transcript carefully and download the proper firmware. And you must read the instructions that come with the fireware patch carefully before you attempt to update it.

RafaelB

Second Unit
Thanks Richard & Phu-
I downloaded the FAQ and am trying to dig my way through the techspeak. I will let you know if I have any other questions.
wink.gif

Rafael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks