What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

iPhone custom ringtone software (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ErichH

Screenwriter
I agree with the thought that this is due in the phone OS.
If not in the next update, then by way of a free script or begware.
This ring tone pin prick policy from the past has to go. It goes against the core of Apple's appeal.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There are very persistent rumors that part of Wednesday's announcements will be some kind of "official" ringtone capability for the iPhone. The word is that you will be able to take any part of any song you purchased on the iTunes store and turn it into a ringtone - for a fee.

I've never understood why anyone would pay $2 for a small snippet of a song, but apparently enough people do that ringtones have become a huge source of revenue for the phone companies. That's why I believe there will never be an "official" free method of loading them on your iPhone. I suspect AT&T's agreement with Apple includes some kind of revenue-sharing from ringtones.

So, yes, iToner is very welcome indeed - especially because it works without "jailbreaking" your iPhone. I'd wait until Wednesday to see what really happens, but unless there's some kind of pleasant surprise, I suspect they will sell a lot of licenses of this software.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks