What's new

The Latest from the Apple Rumor Mill (1 Viewer)

Robert Saccone

Premium
For the same reason some people are buying Apple Vision Pros. For being first on the block to have the.latest tech toy.
For some with the VP yes to be the first on the block. Cough Cough that's not me of course :). My colleague has his foldable for both personal use and development purposes. We work. on an app with a couple million downloads on Android. He added support for the foldable because IIRC our numbers for foldable's were in the 70K - 80K range. Not tremendous but not insignificant either. I'll be excited if Apple can get something where the thickness matches a current iPhone when it is folded up.

Oh just wanted to add this. Regardless of what tech we do need all kinds of early adopters because they are a key input to driving how that technology evolves or dies.

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I see the appeal in the hypothetical: If my iPhone 13PM could be used as I normally do, but then unfolded to turn its phone screen into a giant square screen to make it better for calendar, notes, web browsing, etc, that would be great.

And I kinda see this with my 60-something, tech-illiterate hairstylist who has a foldable phone because it has a giant screen she can see to dial her clients.

But in practice, it doesn’t look like these phones achieve this promise. And they all fold open like a book with a janky mini third screen on the outside to use when folded closed. So, maybe they’ll never fulfill the promise.

But I haven’t used one so I can’t say if they’re good or not.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
For the same reason some people are buying Apple Vision Pros. For being first on the block to have the.latest tech toy.
Yes and no -- not all new tech toys are created equal. The Vision Pro does some absolutely unique things and opens up for new software. The foldable phone? Not so much

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What’s not being rumored is an m3 mini, which is a bummer. I planned to replace my 2017 i5 iMac with an m3 mini and monitor this year. But it’s not looking good for that plan now. So I’ll keep my iMac for another year and get an m3 or m4 mini next year, I suppose.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
“A Mac mini in both M4 and M4 Pro configurations, coming between the end of 2024 and early 2025.”

Gurman’s newsletter. Hoping the base m4 is this fall vs spring 2025.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I suspect they will try and release base and pro chips at the same time so the don’t have a situation (again) where the base Mx is faster than Mx-1 but the Mx-1 Pro (& Max) is faster than the Mx. current gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks