What's new

First look at the iPhone 15 Pro (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess I’ll try to squeeze another year out of my 12 pm.
It gets super hot quite often and when it does the screen brightness goes to near impossible to see during the day.

Otherwise it works great. 🙃

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Currently rocking my 11 Pro still, but it's almost at the bottom of the list of phones that will get iOS 17.

If we don't need to change carriers when we move soon, I'll probably stick with what I have currently, but if we do need to change carries, then an upgrade will probably occur.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I’m still using a regular iPhone 12. I can upgrade but I don’t know if I necessarily want/need to because there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my current phone.

My work phone is a different story. It’s an iPhone 8 and is starting to go through a full charge rather quickly. 6 months ago, I could work a full day and still have 50% battery left. Now, I’m lucky if I don’t go into low power mode by mid-afternoon some days. I’ve requested a new phone which should be a 128GB iPhone 13.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I’m still using a regular iPhone 12. I can upgrade but I don’t know if I necessarily want/need to because there’s absolutely nothing wrong with my current phone.

My work phone is a different story. It’s an iPhone 8 and is starting to go through a full charge rather quickly. 6 months ago, I could work a full day and still have 50% battery left. Now, I’m lucky if I don’t go into low power mode by mid-afternoon some days. I’ve requested a new phone which should be a 128GB iPhone 13.

iPhone 8 that still lasted that long (w/out battery replacement)? Guess it musta been a very lazy work phone that didn't do much for many years, LOL... ;):lol::D

Having said that, my nearly 2-yo 13 Pro still lasts me ~2 days on a full, overnight charge most of the time... though I don't use it quite as much as I used to on my previous iPhones -- my previous regular 7 and 11 each stopped lasting that long by one year (or less) of fairly heavy usage...

When I next upgrade, I might well finally move upto the bigger Pro Max or whatever it'll be called as battery life will be that much better plus my eyes simply ain't what they used to be... :lol:

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The very first thing I disable when I buy a new iPhone. 😂

I can't imagine. It's such a fun feature. I get wonderful candid moments. They give much of the benefit of video without the annoyance of shooting video. And they get used in the Memories feature, so you get these Harry Potter-esque animated photos in the generated montages. I've got my wife converted too. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t need that. I think it uses up a lot more space too.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don’t need that. I think it uses up a lot more space too.
Nope; not that matters to anyone that takes a lot of snapshots. Photos are about 2-3 MB regardless of Live. A check test had a normal photo at 2.5MB and Live shot of the same scene was 2.7MB. Portrait photos seem to be larger, around 5 MB. (on my 13PM).

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I can't imagine. It's such a fun feature. I get wonderful candid moments. They give much of the benefit of video without the annoyance of shooting video. And they get used in the Memories feature, so you get these Harry Potter-esque animated photos in the generated montages. I've got my wife converted too. :)
I also disable the memories feature too. One less annoying alert to ignore.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
iPhone 8 that still lasted that long (w/out battery replacement)? Guess it musta been a very lazy work phone that didn't do much for many years, LOL... ;):lol::D
I'm still on my 8+.and knock on wood the battery life hasn't been an issue. I really don't get into having to have the latest just because it's the latest, so I have been waiting for that killer feature, or the planned obsolescence to kick in to move me up. It's really getting time, but it looks like I should try to wait one more year for the 16.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm still on my 8+.and knock on wood the battery life hasn't been an issue. I really don't get into having to have the latest just because it's the latest, so I have been waiting for that killer feature, or the planned obsolescence to kick in to move me up. It's really getting time, but it looks like I should try to wait one more year for the 16.
That's interesting. I had the 8+ and three years in, I was noticing the battery life was degraded. But I use it on vacations and travel where if it's not all day battery life with internet and camera, I feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks