What's new

Internet Browsers: What are YOU using? (And why?) (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I just noticed the dropdown bookmark list spacing is back to a nice compact size from that "way too much white space between entries" version. Don't know if that's a new default, the css file, or them finally recognizing the about:config setting for "compact." Don't really care as it's like I prefer it to be.

Now if they'd just make "bookmarks on bottom - menu on top" a system setting instead of having to resort to a css file...

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Thanks, again, Bob, for the code. I used your second personal version because I prefer the tabs to connect to the window instead of floating on their own (as well as see a subtle outline of the tabs in the background). However, while the Bookmarks and hamburger menu spacing had "way too much white space between entries" with the first version, your second personal version is way too compact for my eyes. Wish I could figure out what part of the code changes that spacing so I could get something in between and back to the default my eyes are used to from years of usage.

Regardless, thanks again! It's always disheartening to run a Firefox update and upon restart see the tabs are on top again. :angry:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I think I found the menu spacing is under:

/*** Disable Proton UI changes, tighten menu spacing, and restore colors in title bar ***/

padding-block: 4px !important; /* reduce to 3px, 2px, 1px or 0px as needed */

It was 1px in your second personal version and I changed it to 4px which is closer to the historical default spacing my eyes are accustomed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks