What's new

Attempting To Setup My Yahoo Mail On HTC Android, But Yahoo Keeps Asking For Incorrect Email Ext! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
This is probably about as Off Topic as it gets, but as I'm seriously stuck here, I'm hoping that perhaps someone else on HTF who has experienced similar difficulty might be able to enlighten me as to how to fix the following:

I've just inherited our son's HTC Android 5.0.3 Phone that I intend to use mainly for my away from home internet access.

Unfortunately, in attempting to set up my main Email account on the above device, which is with Yahoo, I've run into two problems:

1. Apparently, I'm unable to remember my correct Yahoo Mail password! This is what comes with setting up my Google Chrome Browser to "remember" this for me!

2. In going through the process of recovering my password, Yahoo keeps asking me if I have access to a nonexistent Email account ("Do you have access to this email?"). Basically, it's my yelsnebynot address, but with an incorrect @northbay.com address extension attached to the end instead of the correct @yahoo.ca!

As one might imagine, the second problem is the one that's really giving me serious fits! How am I supposed to fix this when Yahoo keeps asking me for an incorrect email address extension, without at least providing an option to correct them? I've tried this process 3 times (With AND without my address extension, to cover all bases!), and they keep sending me the same northbay.com (Yes, I currently LIVE in North Bay, but it is NOT part of my @ handle!) extension instead of the correct yahoo.ca! :angry:

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Can this be fixed, and if so, how? :huh:

CHEERS! :)

P.S. Just to be thorough, I did check my correct Yahoo Mail address to see whether the code Yahoo sent me somehow ended up there.

It didn't! :P

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
You could try the Chrome Password Decryptor on your PC to find the old password. You can get it at http://securityxploded.com/chromepassworddecryptor.php I just installed it myself and it worked for me.
Unfortunately, it gives me Chrome Download Unblocker (Which ironically, also requires a password!), instead of the Chrome Password Decryptor! I even tried a second and third time to make sure I didn't inadvertently click on the Download Unblocker by mistake--No dice!

I've also found myself unable to sign in to HTF via my Facebook account on my HTC Android! This is the method in which I am permanently signed into HTF, via the Google Chrome Browser on my PC Laptop!

It appears that there are no easy solutions to my dilemma! :P

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Unfortunately, it gives me Chrome Download Unblocker (Which ironically, also requires a password!), instead of the Chrome Password Decryptor! I even tried a second and third time to make sure I didn't inadvertently click on the Download Unblocker by mistake--No dice!

I've also found myself unable to sign in to HTF via my Facebook account on my HTC Android! This is the method in which I am permanently signed into HTF, via the Google Chrome Browser on my PC Laptop!

It appears that there are no easy solutions to my dilemma! :P

I downloaded it with Firefox. I didn't think about Chrome possibly blocking it.
Also, the password is securityxploded2007

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
While I greatly appreciate assistance with the password decrypters, what I'm really hoping for is a way to contact Yahoo to find out why they keep trying to hook me up with a non existent email address. It is this lovely bit of stupidity on Yahoo's part that's making what should be a very easy 2 minute solution into a massive pain in the ass! I mean, does their tech support pull shit like this on purpose just to make users lives unnecessarily difficult? It sure seems like it from where I'm sitting! It's an EFFING email extension, for GOD'S sake!! It shouldn't be bloody rocket science on Yahoo's part to get it right! They need to also provide a Field for when an email address correction is required! :P

Sorry for the rant, but this insane level of incompetence (On Yahoo's part!) really pisses me off!!!! :angry:

EDIT: As noted some posts below, it appears that I did somehow set up an alternate northbay.com email at some point (Or perhaps it was somehow generated when I set up something else?), although I have no idea what email platform this can be accessed on. I did actually google northbay.com and all I get is our local Y.M.C.A! :P

I still say that Yahoo should provide a separate field for making email address corrections in these circumstances!

Last edited:

ArnieCunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lyn
Welcome to the club. I have been locked out of my account for months. I gat a temp password and its wrong. Keep getting the runaround! So annoying. I have verizon yahoo. I just want my damn email back!!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I assume that Yahoo asked at some point for a secondary address to send password information since, if you can't log on to Yahoo, you wouldn't see their mail. I would guess you could go to Yahoo on your PC and look at your profile information and change that. Even if it doesn't show the incorrect address you mention, filling in a new address might overwrite the bad address and you'd be fixed. I've never used Yahoo's mail so I can't be specific.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Welcome to the club. I have been locked out of my account for months. I gat a temp password and its wrong. Keep getting the runaround! So annoying. I have verizon yahoo. I just want my damn email back!!
The thing is, I do HAVE access to my Yahoo Email on my PC, and merely want to extend this to my HTC Android! I mean, I use Google Chrome on that device,as I do on my PC! Therefore, it SHOULD be a simple process, no? :P

I had the same problem as you with a Google Gmail account back when that platform was in its infancy, which I finally gave up on, as hardly anybody was contacting me with that address anyway! You certainly have my sympathy, Arnie!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I assume that Yahoo asked at some point for a secondary address to send password information since, if you can't log on to Yahoo, you wouldn't see their mail. I would guess you could go to Yahoo on your PC and look at your profile information and change that. Even if it doesn't show the incorrect address you mention, filling in a new address might overwrite the bad address and you'd be fixed. I've never used Yahoo's mail so I can't be specific.
Thanks David, but typing in my email address with the northbay.com extension merely brings up a "Sorry, we don't recognize this email." message! Yet, THIS is the address extension they've saddled me with, and with NO WAY to correct it where it needs to be corrected, in order for password recovery to be possible on Yahoo's part!

Therefore, I stand by my previous comments regarding Yahoo's incompetence in this regard. What a bunch of b**bjobs! :P

Man, I'm beyond pissed off, right now!! :angry::angry:

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Try this on your PC:
1. Go to Yahoo Mail - I assume you'll already be logged in.
2. To the right of your name, click the gear and then Account Info at the very bottom.
3. Click Account Security and then email addresses.
4. When I just did this, it asked for my password again. I hope it won't ask you because Chrome has saved it.
5. Change the bad address.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Try this on your PC:
1. Go to Yahoo Mail - I assume you'll already be logged in.
2. To the right of your name, click the gear and then Account Info at the very bottom.
3. Click Account Security and then email addresses.
4. When I just did this, it asked for my password again. I hope it won't ask you because Chrome has saved it.
5. Change the bad address.
OK, it appears that this northbay.com extension thing happened via a different Cell Phone! Unfortunately, I still seem to be stuck in some insane purgatory, in which it shows up on my yahoo.ca account, and yet I STILL can''t seem to access this!

While I will concede the technical existence of this backup account with a northbay.com extension, the PITA element of actually accessing this for password recovery purposes strikes me as being unnecessary!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
OK, it appears that this northbay.com extension thing happened via a different Cell Phone! Unfortunately, I still seem to be stuck in some insane purgatory, in which it shows up on my yahoo.ca account, and yet I STILL can''t seem to access this!

While I will concede the technical existence of this backup account with a northbay.com extension, the PITA element of actually accessing this for password recovery purposes strikes me as being unnecessary!

How else could it be done? All Yahoo knows is what you or someone logged into your account tell them.
I think using the Chrome Password Decryptor is your best bet.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
How else could it be done? All Yahoo knows is what you or someone logged into your account tell them.
I think using the Chrome Password Decryptor is your best bet.
With all due respect, that might be great if I could actually get the bloody set up files for that program to download, instead of them being blocked and getting files for a completely different program downloading, instead!

At the moment, it appears that I might be s.o.l. in terms of being able to access my yahoo on my HTF android! When I think about it, the existence of the northbay.com extension aside, I still fail to see why this should make a difference where setting up my original yahoo account is concerned?

Frankly, all of this is giving me a headache at the moment! Perhaps I need to step back so that I can think of another way of attacking this, as at the present, it seems like an all roads lead to Rome situation?

I do thank everyone for the input above! Perhaps I just need a bit time to process a way of making any of it actually work to my benefit?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Good luck on yahoo mail.
Thanks, Arnie!

Thinking back, I believe my problems with Yahoo Mail date back to when I was on Windows 8.1, and Microsoft had that ridiculous (In my opinion!) online sign in setup, in which one of the requirements was a change in password. The trouble is, I don't always remember exactly which password I'm using at the moment, and when this is compounded with having obviously set up some secondary account (Where Yahoo sent my new passcode, apparently!) that I don't either have a more than vague memory of having set up, nor am I able to access this via any platform with which I presumably did set it up (northbay.com IS listed within my Yahoo info as an alternate email!), it appears that I'm stuck in a kind of Yahoo Mail purgatory I'm not sure I can get out of!

Amidst this hub bub, it appears that I have yet another problem! A hotmail account that I set up a few years back (And ironically used earlier today to connect my HTF account with my HTC Android!), appears to have become inaccessible, as hotmail apparently no longer exists, as I keep getting redirected to Microsoft.com whenever I try to enter the hotmail platform! :P

So much for my entering the hotmail address as an alternate email in the hopes I could get Yahoo to send my new passcode there, instead! What a friggin' hot mess I'm in! YEESH!! :P

EDIT: I entered my other alternate gmail address in the Yahoo Account Security section, though I wish Yahoo also provided some means of removing the northbay.com address, as I have absolutely no use for it, and fear it's listing in my Yahoo Account Security might still cause me headache!

Last edited:

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Thanks, Arnie!

Thinking back, I believe my problems with Yahoo Mail date back to when I was on Windows 8.1, and Microsoft had that ridiculous (In my opinion!) online sign in setup, in which one of the requirements was a change in password. The trouble is, I don't always remember exactly which password I'm using at the moment, and when this is compounded with having obviously set up some secondary account (Where Yahoo sent my new passcode, apparently!) that I don't either have a more than vague memory of having set up, nor am I able to access this via any platform with which I presumably did set it up (northbay.com IS listed within my Yahoo info as an alternate email!), it appears that I'm stuck in a kind of Yahoo Mail purgatory I'm not sure I can get out of!

Amidst this hub bub, it appears that I have yet another problem! A hotmail account that I set up a few years back (And ironically used earlier today to connect my HTF account with my HTC Android!), appears to have become inaccessible, as hotmail apparently no longer exists, as I keep getting redirected to Microsoft.com whenever I try to enter the hotmail platform! :P

So much for my entering the hotmail address as an alternate email in the hopes I could get Yahoo to send my new passcode there, instead! What a friggin' hot mess I'm in! YEESH!! :P

EDIT: I entered my other alternate gmail address in the Yahoo Account Security section, though I wish Yahoo also provided some means of removing the northbay.com address, as I have absolutely no use for it, and fear it's listing in my Yahoo Account Security might still cause me headache!

Hotmail.com redriects to live.com but I can still login with my Hotmail account. I have to put the whole address in, though, including "@hotmail.com" On the other hand, I think they delete accounts that aren't used in a long time, so you might be outtaluck there.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hotmail.com redriects to live.com but I can still login with my Hotmail account. I have to put the whole address in, though, including "@hotmail.com" On the other hand, I think they delete accounts that aren't used in a long time, so you might be outtaluck there.
I forgot all about that aspect of hotmail, David! My sister-in-law's hotmail once got shut down after it was inactive for 31 days, which was 1 day over the then 30 day limit! Thankfully, that was

Hopefully the next time I attempt to retrieve my Yahoo Mail password for my HTC Android, I'll be given the option of my alternate gmail address that I added to my Yahoo Account Security. If not, then I'm probably s.o.l. in accessing my Yahoo Mail on that device! :P

EDIT: Yahoo Mail Password Recovery generated my alternate gmail address for accessing the recovery passcode! Problem solved! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks