What's new

Initial rendering of HT (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have constructed a crude virtual picture of my proposed HT space. You can find it Link Removed
Any/all comments/suggestions/complaints appreciated.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Dave:
I can identify with your excitement and anticipation. A couple of years ago I found a $10,000 projector on closeout for $3900 and made the plunge. It was first placed on a table between our chairs and aimed at a white wall. That started a chain reaction that ended up like this.
http://www.kathiejohnson.com/HomeTheater.html
Meantime, there is a great thread on the "Piano" projector underway at the AVS forum that you might find useful.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=89932
Keep us informed on your progress.
Deane

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is the room rectangular? From the picture it does not look so. Where will the screen or display go? Will yo be using a dropdown screen in front of that door, or is the door off to the side. There seems to be a recess at the front of the room but it is hard to get a scale from that diagram. See if you can draw an overhead layout to scale.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
There is about a 2' deep and 10' wide recess on the far end. I was considering placing the screen back there. (if I do go with a projector, otherwise it will house some sort of in wall ent center). The door will actually be a dual sliding door providing access to a well pump and water softener. Behind the couch there is a small alcove area that will hold one of those octagonal card tables or a foosball table.
I have a to-scale arial view that I will post this weekend.
P.S. Deanne, nice theater! I wish I could get that elaborate, and thanks for the link for the Piano info.
[Edited last by Dave Poehlman on November 09, 2001 at 12:35 PM]

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Okay.. I have put up an arial view of my space Link Removed.
I am considering scrapping the little alcove area at the bottom and make the room a little more square. This would give me a little more freedom locating a screen/rptv/ent center.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Okay.. Okay.. I think I have the finished product Link Removed. I managed to render some lights and a bar area. Let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks