What's new

Impress your friends and neighbors with.....spray on mud for your SUV (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Interesting... Wouldn't it just be easier to just drive on a puddle on the side of a road for that mud effect? It would be more accurate anyway!

We need spray on bird crap to fool people that you've been to the beach recently!

Jay

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yeah, first those bullet holes that tweakers love, then Truck-Nutz and now, Spray On Mud.

Sounds like something we would make up here and try to sell to our customers who put 13" lifts on their 2wd trucks. Only to launch it Glamis and bow their frame.

If this is a real product

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I actually heard about this product on last night's repeat of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". I googled "spray on mud" and sure enough, it actually exist!! :D

LewB

Screenwriter

More support of my contention that the only time most SUVs go off road is when they flip over.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
How lame. For once I'd like to hear somebody say: "I bought it (full-sized SUV) cuz I wanted it and I can afford it. I'll never take it off-road. Shit, I don't even want to go down gravel roads cuz I don't want stone chips. I might tow my boat once or twice a year, or put my bike in the back when I go camping that one time. It just looks hot on my drive way, you know? Besides, my wife likes to sit up high when she drives to the spa."

I saw a Hummer H2 in Scottsdale, AZ with a handicap tag on the rearview mirror. Assuming it's an honest use, it seems ironic.

The only SUV I'd consider is the Nissan X-Terra. I'd leave my hockey/golf/fishing equipment in it full-time and I'd never wash it. A truck-based SUV like that deserves to have chips, scratches, and dents, like battle scars. Now that's why you buy SUVs, not tip-toe around downtown jumping from one Starbucks to another.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
SUVs are becoming increasingly more popular in this part of the world too, from the small Honda CRVs and Nissan X-Terras to Toyota Land Cruisers and even the aforementioned Hummer H2.

I keep seeing more Hummers these days even though they cost an arm and a leg here (I suppose this is the reason why drivers of such vehicles don't use the turn signal or the brake pedal, of course you can't do that when you've been amputated) and many of these vehicles never get any off-road use.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
My mom wants a SUV and all I can imagine is that picture Brett posted with the Mini Cooper crushed against the back of a SUV.

And she doesn't even wants to drive in the rain. :frowning:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Why would you assume that they would like you to think otherwise? Or that they care?

I mean, unless we come clean in such a fashion, feel free to assume that we all bought our SUVs so everyone could think we are rugged offroaders and we live terrified at the idea that someone could discover the awful truth :rolleyes.

Listen, SUVs have not been about offroading exclusively for a while now. No one (outside of that link) is pretending otherwise, you are 10+ years too late.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What's always amazed me about commercials for any type of truck or SUV, is that in just about all of them someone buys a brand new, shiny and pristine vehicle and their first instinct is to drive it through mud, over huge jagged rocks and up a mountain where they then stand all triumphant like. :confused:

You don't need this product, just get some dirt, add water and splash it on, it's fun for the whole family. ;)

NeerajC

Agent
as bad as all the poser suv's are out there im getting more worried about all the factory bling that is being put out there for that 'fast & furious crowd'. if i see one more NOS sticker or LED Hood light, im going to go insane...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks