What's new

Image Inks Deal With Lakeshore (Re-release Of Horror Titles Involved) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
VARIETY: Image Entertainment has signed a long-term agreement with Lakeshore Entertainment to distribute their catalog in North America.

The agreement, announced Tuesday, covers Blu-ray/DVD, VOD and digital rights. "The Lakeshore Entertainment library is a wonderful addition to our already extensive catalog," said Ted Green, chairman and CEO for Image.

The Lakeshore library consists of the former New World library, most of which has never been released on Blu-ray. Notable titles include "Heathers," "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," "18 Again!" and "Soul Man."

Deal also includes horror titles "Children of the Corn," "Hellraiser," "Creepshow 2" and "Return to Horror High" along with over 40 episodes of TV's "Crime Story" and the 80's comedy show "Sledge Hammer!"

Contact Dave McNary at [email protected]

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Shall be interested to see what Image will do with the Children of the Corn DVD and Crime Story and Sledge Hammer! DVD sets. Thanks for sharing this Shawn.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This could potentially be good news IF they plan on releasing titles like Dead End Drive-In and The Stuff with new transfers on Blu-ray, which should obviously be the point since much of that New World catalog has already been released satisfactorily on DVD. Maybe Image will also distribute some of those missing New World titles Anchor Bay didn't put out, like In the Aftermath and Breaking All the Rules. Interestingly, I recently got a hold of a copy of Breaking All the Rules and it had a Lakeshore Entertainment logo on it, something I thought was odd. I was under the impression Lakeshore was a 90's production house that dealt primarily with distributing A-List Hollywood flicks. Now it makes sense.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I did a web search this week for Image Entertainment's Midnight Madness Series, and among the search results was a thread on a DVD forum called RockShockPop.com. The thread includes front cover artwork for various titles.

Dead End Drive-In (1986) is being released on 20th September, 2011. It's available to pre-order on Amazon.com and front cover artwork is on there as well.

I was looking at an Amazon.com page for a horror film, and further down the page where there's a gallery of other DVD titles I saw The Initiation. I was hoping this was a new release, and yes it was. Previously purchased the Anchor Bay releaase of The Initiation/Mountaintop Motel Massacre, but I didn't like the double-sided disc presentation. These two films will also be released in September from Image Entertainment as well, under the name 'Midnight Madness Series'.

The front cover artwork for The Initiation is different to that for the Anchor Bay release. It's the artwork seen on the chapter selections flyer inside the DVD case for the Anchor Bay release.

Dead Heat (1988) is being released on both DVD and Blu-ray. I think this film was posted about in the Film folder recently.

Return to Horror High (1988) is being released on 6th September, 2011.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I wouldnt think that SONY would let go of THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES, which is also LE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks