What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

I Wish There Was A Way To Get The Great Dramas (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It is my favorite genre and the one that no one seems to care about. All of the independent companies seem to have their niche. Shout Factory, Smore and MPI are into sitcoms, although Shout is dipping its toes in the water with 30 Something and Paper Chase. Timeless is predominantly westerns with the odd cop or detective show thrown in. Infinity is all over the map but they don't seem to have an interest in dramas either. No one has an interest in straight ahead dramas, of which there were quite a few good ones done in the 60s and 70s. Shows like Run For Your Life, The Bold Ones, Kraft Suspense Theater (all running on RTN). Alcoa Premiere, Desilu Playhouse, Bus Stop, Bob Hope Chrysler Theater, The Dick Powell Show and many others had great stories and are far more interesting than all of these cop and detective shows. And obviously no one wants to go anywhere near the medical series. Which I understand as they have never done well in syndication and unfortunately probably wouldn't sell well on DVD either. Which is really too bad.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

And obviously no one wants to go anywhere near the medical series. Which I understand as they have never done well in syndication and unfortunately probably wouldn't sell well on DVD either. Which is really too bad.

I agree, Neil. I'd give anything to get Dr. Kildare on dvd. Especially that first season. It has one of the greatest - you guessed it - Christmas episodes of all time in my opinion. A very powerful episode for a great series. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ben Casey, Marcus Welby, The Nurses, The Eleventh Hour, Dr. Christian, Dr. Hudson's Secret Journal, and many others either.

Gary "nothing wrong with Medical dramas, nor with dramas in general" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget Breaking Point which was kind of a sister show to Ben Casey. Another pretty good one was Medical Center. I could kick myself as years ago it ran here in the middle of the night on a station that habitually butchered everything. I only recorded a small amount of them and then years later I realized that they were running them complete and uncut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks