What's new

I need a new receiver (1 Viewer)

kott0n

Auditioning
Real Name
Reese
It has been about 6 years since I had mine hooked up.Looking to get back into it. What I have and need hooked up:

PC with DVI to HDMI converter and optical toslink out

Ps3 HDMI

Xbox360 HDMI

Cable box HDMI

My main concern is that the unit needs to be able to combine the optical toslink audio signal with a hdmi video input and output via hdmi with 5.1.

I own mostly Sonly electronics but am open.

Budget is sub $300

Thank You

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You are going to have trouble finding a good receiver with more than 3 HDMI inputs for under $300. I believe Sony has 1 receiver that is in your range with 4 HDMI inputs, but most around here try to steer clear of Sony receivers. If your price range is in stone, I would suggest looking at a 3 HDMI receiver from Denon or Onkyo and then using a DVI --> Component cable for your computer.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'd definitely go with the Onkyo over the Sony.
Sony has great tvs and blu ray players, but you won't find much love around here for their receivers, until you get into the ES line.
Good luck!

ncwolfpack213

Auditioning
Real Name
Trent
You can get the Onkyo HT-RC160 for $300 at the link below. That has 5 HDMI inputs.

http://www.thewiz.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=94801&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=50000&subCategoryId=70030

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks