What's new
World Wide Stereo

I had a great Sony experience! (1 Viewer)

Thomas P.

Stunt Coordinator
I have been encouraged by forum members to share this anecdote.

Thanks to this forum, a few months ago, I became aware of the problems (e.g.moving vertical band) that others were having with the XBR800. I noticed that I had the same problems. I called Sony and they had a tech out within 2 weeks. He said that I needed a new board and that he would be back. He did come back with another board and it didn't fix the problem. I asked him what Sony would do about this and he said to call Sony service, which I did.

I explained the situation and corroborated my statements by referring to forums like this one. I made the point that I am not alone and this is a prevalent problem. The woman I spoke to said she would call back in an hour after talking to her manager and she did. She said that her manager authorized an exchange. I took a gamble and said that I didn't want another 800 but that I would rather have the new XBR910. I indicated that I would wait if they would allow that. She said that she would check again with the manager and would contact me the next day. Sure enough I received another call confirming that I could wait for the XBR 910 to be released and that I could hold on to the XBR800 until I got the 910. I told her that if that was the case(the exchange for the 910) then I would need a stand because the for the 910 because it would not fit on the 800 stand. She said that she would send a stand as well. During my wait the Sony Customer Service rep sent me regular timely updates on the progress of my exchange and represented Sony in a very professional manner.

Finally last week I received the T.V. and stand direct from Sony right on time.

I hope this e-mail adds value in that it shows that I asked for what I wanted (which is sometimes hard for me to do) and I got it. Also, maybe this good experience will counter balance alot of the negative floating around about Sony.

728x90

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, Thomas! Nice to see evidence of a respected company standing by its customers.

Greg Abbott

Auditioning
I'm pretty impressed with Sony. Just yesterday they shipped out a new set to me (WS510) to replace my current set (HW40) that I purchased in May 2002. No expense to me whatsoever.

Granted I had to deal with the dreaded "flicker" issue, but they have handled the whole problem very professionally, IMO.

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
I think this reinforces the value of forums like this. I was able to get an out of warranty 444es fixed because I emailed Sony's customer service evidence of others with same problem (overheating)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks