What's new

HTF Upgrade - 12.20.2020 (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is there a way to permanently turn off the auto-refresh on the thread list?

I hate, hate, hate having a page shift on me while I’m scrolling to find the thread I’m interested in. Plus if I’m paging forward, and the paging back, sometimes I end up skipping over a thread that moves from one page to the next. I like to page down until I come to the oldest unread thread, then page back until I get to the top.

Yes, I can manually turn it off, but I don’t like having to do it every time I come to HTF. And sometimes it turns itself back on by itself

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Is there a way to permanently turn off the auto-refresh on the thread list?

I hate, hate, hate having a page shift on me while I’m scrolling to find the thread I’m interested in. Plus if I’m paging forward, and the paging back, sometimes I end up skipping over a thread that moves from one page to the next. I like to page down until I come to the oldest unread thread, then page back until I get to the top.

Yes, I can manually turn it off, but I don’t like having to do it every time I come to HTF. And sometimes it turns itself back on by itself
Are you referring to What's New, or in the view of a forum?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I noticed you can now upvote or downvote replies within threads. I never understood why this was a popular thing on Reddit.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The top image is the original post and the second is John Rice’s latest reply. Notice the sort by option at the bottom of the first image and the up/down counter on John’s reply.

99C4FE34-5BBC-4EBB-BF38-8DB28865CB25.png ADA34AF3-CBFC-46EA-92B7-8892DB70635E.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks