JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Another thought, I did have to switch the audio output on my Oppo from Auto to something specific. I found immersive soundtracks often played in 7.1 until I made that change.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That doesn't sound right. I've never had that happen, except occasionally when I play an MKV file that has a Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack. I have updated all my hdmi cables to certified Monoprice models.
When I hooked it up, I replaced all of my HDMI cables with Monoprice Certified cables.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another issue is that I have to point its remote or my Harmony remote directly at it for the Marantz to do anything.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When I hooked it up, I replaced all of my HDMI cables with Monoprice Certified cables.
It's having trouble locking onto the audio, which I've found has gotten more common as the soundtrack options get more complicated. Still, it shouldn't do that. Mine don't, though they can take a few seconds to lock on and un-mute the audio. I have noticed that the angle of the remote seems a little narrow, though it's not really an issue in my setups. In fact, I can often bounce the remote off the opposite wall, with the Harmonys anyway, which seem to have a stronger output.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's having trouble locking onto the audio, which I've found has gotten more common as the soundtrack options get more complicated. Still, it shouldn't do that. Mine don't, though they can take a few seconds to lock on and un-mute the audio. I have noticed that the angle of the remote seems a little narrow, though it's not really an issue in my setups. In fact, I can often bounce the remote off the opposite wall, with the Harmonys anyway, which seem to have a stronger output.
@JohnRice All of my audio dropout issues have stopped as well as the Marantz response to my Harmony remote. I upgraded my remote the other day to another Elite and those prior issues have cleared up since then.

I do have one question, what is the best way to display audio and video information that the Marantz is outputting? I have every device operating through the 6013 to the OLED.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
@JohnRice All of my audio dropout issues have stopped as well as the Marantz response to my Harmony remote. I upgraded my remote the other day to another Elite and those prior issues have cleared up since then.

I do have one question, what is the best way to display audio and video information that the Marantz is outputting? I have every device operating through the 6013 to the OLED.
That's good to hear. Something was definitely wrong. As far as displaying audio info, I use the OSD, which is the "Display" button on the remote, as I recall. You might have to reassign a button on your Elite. I assigned it to the "Info" button for the device, and put a soft button at the top of every activity. It shows a lot of info, including input channels, output channels, input audio format, any additional processing and some more stuff. I don't remember if it shows video info, but I have video processing turned off on both my units.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I found a way to display audio and video information on the 6013 by accessing the Setup Menu then the following prompts

Press General
Press Information
Press Audio
Press Video
Press HDMI Signal Info.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I found a way to display audio and video information on the 6013 by accessing the Setup Menu then the following prompts

Press General
Press Information
Press Audio
Press Video
Press HDMI Signal Info.
I guess I vaguely recall coming across those menus when I got the AV7703. I was surprised to see such extensive info. Since then, I've just used the regular OSD to verify the incoming channels and format. Of course, that system doesn't have any 4K, so further info isn't much of a factor.

I'm always curious if you're bothered by the small porthole display. That tends to be the main complaint with Marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks