What's new

HTF Upgrade - 12.20.2020 (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
And the forum list loading "stutter" is back. Seems to have returned when the new button/link style was put back in place. I'd noticed it being gone when the older button style was temporarily in place. Very odd...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
PC. Core i7 -7500U @ 2.70GHz w/16GB RAM running Windows Home v2004 and Firefox portable. I tested with Edge just in case and had similar results. It only happens during the initial page load for threads in a forum. Once they're loaded everything is OK. I've not seen this at all when in a thread reading/loading pages of posts. It's certainly no deal breaker, just odd and even more so with the font/button change appearing to make a difference (when those buttons aren't even part of the display on the thread titles).

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
In all the years I've been here my "Whirlybirds" avatar has been cropped.
330534.jpg

With the previous upgrade my avatar appeared in 'widescreen'.
330534wide.jpg

Now with this latest upgrade it's back to being cropped.
330534.jpg

I miss the widescreen.

Last edited:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
While visiting a thread one has visited before, when the page loads at the newest post, the blue header bar (which contains the date, number of posts, etc.) of said post is hidden behind the floating navigation menu bar:

https://www.questrider.com/images/htf-navmenu-headerbar-offset_01.png

The page needs to load offset for the blue header bar to be visible and have a buffer of space between it and the floating navigation menu bar:

https://www.questrider.com/images/htf-navmenu-headerbar-offset_02.png

Reason for edit: I realized I was viewing HTF at a zoom level of 110% so my screenshots were not accurate to how most view the site.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm still working on this one - any changes at all today?
Sorry, not that I can tell for sure. The "Movies" sub-forum doesn't seem to be affected at all. Oddly it has the movie poster on each thread which you would think would effect it more than the ones without that addition. It also seems to affect the list of threads more with a greater number of new posts/updates, kind of like the bolding of the new post/updates in the thread is possibly a cause. It's really difficult to pin down just when and under the exact circumstances it's occurring.

No sooner than I post that when I leave the site, return a few minutes later, load the "Movies" area and it, too, stutters with *no* new posts. Sigh... I'm not finding much rhyme or reason other than it being the "first" loads of forum threads in each area. I'll keep trying to find consistency - but don't put this one high on the list of things to look at.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This just started a couple of days ago. When I click the notifications bell, then a notification, I’m taken to the post with the top of the post just above the screen. This requires I drag down the post to see it all.

Happening on an iPad Pro using Chrome. I happens with every notification. When the forum software was first updated, this did not happen.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
This just started a couple of days ago. When I click the notifications bell, then a notification, I’m taken to the post with the top of the post just above the screen. This requires I drag down the post to see it all.

Happening on an iPad Pro using Chrome. I happens with every notification. When the forum software was first updated, this did not happen.
Will check it out next week, trying to take a couple days break

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
What happened to the sub-forums? Within the Forum Blu-ray there use to be 3D. I liked the ability to see new posts just related to 3D.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Don’t forget this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks