What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
This sounds great. I wish Kim Catrell had had something to do with this. Is she seen in Interviews?
Id also like to hear her or someone address the rumors of her posing naked on the Bridge of the Enterprise and them confiscating the pictures.
About a commentary from her as her character Samantha from Sex in the city?

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Just got my disc. Disc two continues the Paramount trend of having a photo from the next movie included. The photo on the actual disc is an upside down picture of the Enterprise B in drydock from Generations.

Neil

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the Enterprise B and the Excelsior look quite noticeably different. (To a geek, at least.) ;)

Anyway, he's right...it's definitely the Ent-B on the second disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
As long as they use the same explosion in Generations, might as well use some Generations artwork on the STVI disc.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I never thought I'd be submitting a "My copy didn't include an insert booklet" post, but here it is. My copy didn't include an insert booklet. The other five STAR TREK SE's all had them. Did anyone else have one included in theirs? Maybe Paramount is following Disney and Universal by abandoning the inserts.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
If you look back through the thread, you'll see that not only did the review copy not have one, but others have been missing theirs as well.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mikel:

According to Internet Movie Database, Cattrall did pose for some nude shots on the bridge set. What happened to the negatives appears to be a matter of conjecture. Did Paramount miss a good opportunity for an Easter Egg here? :b

Got my pre-release from Laser's Edge yesterday. White case, no insert.:frowning:

MattHR

Screenwriter

The others mentioning missing inserts were regarding the review copy and (apparently) non-region 1 in white cases. My copy (R1) is in the traditional black dual-alpha case, but missing the insert. It's likely Paramount didn't produce them for this release.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter

Interesting--my pre-release of Nemesis from Laser's Edge was the Canadian edition with the bilingual French/English cover. Looks like something of a trend of Paramount toward certain vendors?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
According to a magazine article at the time the movie came out, Nimoy found out about the shoot and made sure the negs were destroyed.

Darn... You're right. Would have been a great easter egg. :D

Scott Sargent

Auditioning

I'm having a friend go to the signing but neither of us have been to one of these things before. Do we need to show up early? Or will the person sign stay till everyone can buy and have their copy signed ?

Thanks for any suggestions

-Scott

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
I would suggest arriving around the announced start time. Nick Meyer will stay as long as there are people who need their DVDs autographed but you can never predict the length of these things!

NatL

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my copy of the new SE of Star Trek VI and found that it has no instert. Is this a fluke or do they not have one?

My Stark Trek II: SE did...

N

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
This is beyond chincy. Couldn't they have waited until Generations to start this lovely Universal-like practice? I'm not buying any Next Gen movies, so that would've been perfect. ;)

I wonder if you could confirm whether the double Alpha keepcase is black or white for me before this thread gets the ye olde lock thrown on it? :D

NatL

Stunt Coordinator
My copy is a *white* keepcase, and of course no insert as I said above. As I opened the package I was a bit taken aback by the cheap feel...

I am happy to have an anamorphic print of this - never would have considered getting the first version.

N

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Very disappointing that there is no booklet/insert. I guess Paramount is starting to run out of steam on these. A shame since 6 is one of my favorites.

I'm glad to hear they did a feature on De Kelley.

Ric

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Maybe not on the discs, but here is a brief rundown.

The booklet that comes with TMP includes a photo of the Enterprise and the Genesis planet from Star Trek II.

The Star Trek II DVD has a picture of Kirk on the back from Star Trek III.

The Star Trek III DVD has a photo of the crew on trial from Star Trek IV.

I can't remember if Trek IV has a mistake like this on it or not. I know the original Trek V design for the booklet had a cast photo from Trek VI but that was fixed.

So, as you can see Trek VI continues this tradition. :)

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks