What's new

HTF REVIEW: Star Trek - The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
If one more person uses the "brain" line I think I'm going to pee my pants :D.

On topic: I'm not sure if I should double-dip this. I put the entire series into a Case-Logic case (inserts and discs) and put the plastic cases in the attic. I don't really NEED the room, but it would be nice to see some of those documentaries.

is it confirmed that BB will have an extra disc, or is that speculation?

EDIT: I guess it's time to sell my 16mm prints :).

Mike

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Since the soft-focus is inherently part of the photographed image, no amount of EE could remove it. (Okay, great amounts of EE can adversely affect anything, but ya get my drift.)

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Shoot, wish I'd seen that sooner. I had to rush to place my order for S1 before midnight in case the Amazon discount was for preorders only.

Dave Farley

Second Unit

No problem, Bryan. Just don't hold me to it.;) She said she was 100% on the question of extras, and said based on what she had seen and been told, we would get shrink-wrap for a complete series release and nothing more. She wouldn't confirm that answer with the 100% definite, but she was very confident in her answer of shrink-wrap. I'll get it this week at BB.:)

Nelson, I hope she was correct as well. Thanks for the great convention story. It's a shame what he's had to go through with health issues in recent years.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

It is indeed confirmed, Mike. The BB "bonus disc" will have two additional featurettes, "Trek Connections" (basically a "six degrees of separation"-style featurette linking the stars and guest actors with various TV programs and movies) and "Kiss 'n' Tell: Romance in the 23rd Century" (Leonard Nimoy and cast members talk about their love interests on the series). It amounts to an additional 12 minutes of bonus features.

Now what's interesting is that these two featurettes are on the R2 master set, along with preview trailers for the TNG, DS9, and Voyager DVDs. I clearly recall seeing the R2 menu screens for it recently and saw that they were on the R2 discs. I wonder if those trailers are on the bonus R1 BB disc as well. They may not be.

But based on the packaging for the complete series set re-release at the end of the year, it doesn't look like we'll get those bonus featurettes included in that complete set. All it basically is is just the three season sets with a new outer combo sleeve around it.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Anyone read the blurb in Time magazine quoting Shatner that he has never watched the original tv series?

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I also noticed my Amazon Share the Love discount was missing when they shipped my order. I called Amazon and even though they couldnt explain why the discount was removed they quickly fixed the problem by crediting the discount back to my card. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yes, thanks muchly!

Now that I've seen that, I don't think I'll wait until December. Season 1, here I come. :D

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Thanks for the link Roger. That's a little different than the shrink-wrap I was told about, but still not enough to make me wait until December.

Rich Boykin

Auditioning
I just picked up my Season 1 set from costco in seattle....

They had it for a few bux less than amazon's sale price, so minus shipping (sales tax either way for me as I'm in washington state and pay amazon sales tax) so I saved a few bux and got instant gratification!

:D

Cheers,

Rich

David M.

Agent
Futureshop gave me a $10 gift card for picking up the set there. So bonus disk and gift card.

They also have several Star Trek gift card designs available too which the cashier gave as well without any money on them.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Well, here's someone I had over to the house Sunday night to watch "The Conscience of the King" on the new DVDs, with trivia track, of course. He posed in front of my projection screen for an article I'm writing about him in Thursday's paper:

Then and now: Bruce Hyde, aka Lt. Kevin Riley from "The Conscience of the King" and "The Naked Time."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks