What's new

HTF REVIEW: LOST - the complete first season - ADDICTIVELY RECOMMENDED!!! (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
David, thanks for the tip, I will check it out. I have a feeling it is something obvious. :)

(And for some reason I keep thinking of Terry Gilliam whenever the monster is off-screen lurking about.)

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
TravisR and David B.

I knew that already because my friend brought that up as well......but I thought everything had to be series on these boards.....

What I made a mistake? Oh it's spelled serious.....well you learn something new everyday.

:D

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill

Lost: The Journey is on the Best Buy bonus disc, in anamorphic widescreen.

- Steve

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I was surprised when I watched it and it was widescreen and DD 5.1 because when it aired in HD, it was in full frame with a stereo soundtrack. Unless it was just that the affiliate in my area that screwed up:)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Chalk one up for Best Buy.

Now if only they had gotten the rights to the Desperate Housewives bonus disc and catch-up episode (which apparently ended up at Target).

- Steve

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
Actually, I thought ABC was showing "Destination: Lost" as the season 1 recap episode before the new season 2 episode. "Lost: The Journey" was shown before the first season had even ended, so it certainly can't recap the entire first season. (And hopefully "Destination: Lost" won't have that horrible voice-over...)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, Carlos is right - the special airing before the season 2 premiere is titled "Destination Lost." It's a new special, and here's a description of it, courtesy of Zap2It:
From that it sounds like it's sort of a bridge between seasons 1 and 2 maybe.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I will be recording it onto my cable box... don't think I will be able to get the set complete in time to watch it when it airs tonight... just about to start disc 3... but 8 episodes in... still loving it! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
There's a 30 minute version of the clip show similar to what Desperate Housewives included on the Target bonus disc that aired on E! this past Sunday, with narration by Ron Rifkin of Alias (I'm not sure who narrated the original hour-long version).

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Mark, it looks like they have a big spoiler in the second paragraph of that article (well actually the whole thing)! O.o Beware!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I see Amazon has the Lost companion book as shipping within 24 hours, so it's been released then? I thought it wasn't due until 09/28. If anyone's got it, the obvious question is, does it really have a whole hour of exclusive deleted scenes?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, not a huge spoiler and not a spoiler per se but enough of a glimpse at what they are planning to understand what they are doing. Remember, that's just an impromptu information exchange, not neccesarily spoiler information.

It's like them saying something like Locke's problem with his legs will be revealed not in season 2 but in season 3. NO, that's not spoiler information but I'm using that as an example ...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Let's put it this way, if you're buying the book, get it because you want to read the book not because of the DVD. :) I haven't had a chance to read it yet but just paging through the book, it's very well illustrated and designed.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Travis, thanks for the info. I'll pick it up anyway. As far as where I got the hour of deleted scenes, well:

Straight from yesterday's Digital Bits.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What I thought would be on there (a few featurettes, a couple of deleted scenes, and a commerical) was pretty much correct. If I'd read that first, I'd probably have been dissapointed since it's closer to 60 seconds of deleted scenes than 60 minutes:)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well I picked it up just now. It has three exclusive deleted scenes. One of these is a 22-second snippet of Sun crying, the second is an extended scene during a Jack flashback, and the other is an actual deleted scene between Claire and the French woman.

But being the completist that I am, the purchase has been worth it. The book itself is nice too, I'll read it on the weekend. Too bad I missed the TV Guide bonus CD, but I see it can be had cheaply on eBay, so off I go.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The more I watch, the more I am reminded of the mysteries created in The Prisoner.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but The Prisoner had you (or the character) questioning reality every 15 minutes - Lost isn't like that! Well, not really anyways. :) The monster could be the bouncing ball though...

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I finally just finished the first season set! What an awesome show! I am so glad I decided to pick this one up! I really enjoyed every second of it... Welll... finished the set is not completely right... I still have to watch the extras disc... but just watched the last episode of the first season. :)

I have to watch that disc... then I can get to the first episode of season 2... which I recorded onto my cablebox. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks