What's new

HTF REVIEW: LOST - the complete first season - ADDICTIVELY RECOMMENDED!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
The scene is on the exclusive bonus DVD that came packaged with the "Lost Season One" DVD sey that was available only at Best Buy.

In the brief scene, they show John Locke on the island and he's speaking to one of the other survivors while he's kneeling or sitting on the ground and he happens to look up and says something about the island and his eyes, both of his eyes, are entirely black and there's some ominous music playing in the background.

I'm still searching through the features trying to figure out where the scene is but it's there ...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I don't have time to go through 7 pages of threads. But, I heard the dvd set was going to have a lengthier scene showing the plane crash...is this true?

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I been pretty much staying away from this thread... mainly because I remained completely spoiler free throughout the whole year. :D

Today my set finally arrived...

OMG!!! I just watched the first episode of this series... and let me tell you... this show is AMAZING!!! I can't believe all that happen in the first episode alone! This is going to be a fun next couple of days catching up so I can see season 2 when it airs!

Now I am not asking this looking for an answer... as I don't want any type of spoilers at all... but What is on that island with them?!?! (remember no answer needed) :p)

I so hope we will find out before the end of the season...

Once again... after just one episode watched... I have to say.... this show is so FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this blindly last Friday (my first blind TV series buy in a long time), and this is absolutely one of the best buys (excuse the pun) I ever made.

Everything about the show is well executed, nothing is ever too over-the-top. The flashbacks are one of my favorite parts, especially how they blend events from the other characters within them.

I love the subtle humor in some scenes, such as inside references to other shows ("my father is buying some small paper company in Slough").

One of the great things about the show is that it deftly breaks stereotypes and really shows what make the characters tick.

I finished watching the whole first season, and I'm ready for the next :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yep, that's how I felt after watching the first episode. That lasted about 1/2 the season.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Just so you guys know, tomorrow nights broadcast of Lost Season 2 Episode 1 is going to be a special 2-Hour event. The first hour is going to be a televised rehash of what happened in Season 1, Lost: the Journey, followed quickly by the first episode of Season 2.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
It is and I still felt that way after the whole season was done.

My opinion is even higher now after rewatching the whole season on DVD. I have a whole new appreciation for how everything fits together. I can see now that the writers have planned events out in advance. Seemingly insignificant lines in one episode turn out to be quite prophetic in later episodes!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Thanks... hopefully I will enjoy it just as much thgroughout the series. :)

Yesterday I watched the first 3 episodes.... hoping to really work on the set today. I really would love to have season 1 done before season 2 starts. :D

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
It kept the momentum for me personally...When things delved into more flashbacks I sortof just relaxed and "took a break" from island stuff...then they switched back to island stuff and I "took a break" from flashbacks...IMO the writers are doing some interesting things with moving the focus around and it worked for me...they never "forgot" anything going on...just as soon as you started to wonder "what the hack about blah blah blah" the show would demonstrate that they hadn't forgotten about it...giving you faith that it's going to come-together...and that anticipation is what I love so much about this show.

Great discussion in this thread folks. I enjoy hearing from all your points of view. :emoji_thumbsup:

dave :)

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I watched the entire season over the weekend. Talk about being hooked on a show, the last time I did something like this was with Babylon 5.

Very much looking forward to Season 2!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
How many people who started watching the show on DVD are going to watch the new episodes when they air now?

I've been watching since it started but I think if I just saw the entire season on DVD, I'd be like a fiend and have to start watching weekly. :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
For me, I never watched this series before I watched it on DVD but in some aspect, yes I'm going to watch it but I'll end up watching it after several episodes have aired. Unfortunately, the only way I'll be able to watch it is by secondary means (don't ask) but I'm glad that I didn't start watching it when it first started airing otherwise I might not have been so impressed with it.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I'll be doing so. But I might let them stack up on a TiVo and watch in batches.

I've mentioned before that I started watching over the summer and saw episodes 1-9, 11 and 14 before getting the DVDs (I had to quit watching and wait for the DVDs when they started skipping episodes). Last night I saw episode 15. It was a totally different experience. Up till now I've been watching episodes I caught over the summer or episodes I missed, but saw the ones that came after. Now I'm back to totally new episodes again and understand how people can stay up till the wee hours watching episode after episode. I'm loving every minute of it. :D

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Did anyone else notice if you leave the menu on long enough without pressing anything on disc 6 the plane eventually falls and crashes? LOL I was doing something else and left it on and it was a total surprise. Pretty funny.;)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Folks,

The precise nature of the "monster" on the island is actually revealed in one of the bonus features. No kidding...and I'm surprised someone hasn't disovered it yet given the other things I've seen posted.

If you want to find out what the force is that's stalking/attacking them you MUST check out the special feature called "On Set with Jimmy Kimmel"...watch it till the end...I think you'll be shocked by what you find (know I was...didn't see it coming from a mile away but it makes perfect sense in hind-sight)...

-dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks